Ticket from CarParkingPartnership - Ignore?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I got a ticket today at my university campus,

the car park is always full and therefore is always cars parking in places which arent designated spots,

unfortunately today I had to be one of them cars and got a ticket.

It was for literally half an hour,

I was slightly on a yellow box in the car park but was in no-ones way and did not deny any access.

The ticket is from a private agency 'Car Parking Partnership' and

after some research I can see that some people are saying I am not entitled to pay the fine.

Apparently it is unenforceable.

Can I please have someone with knowledge / experience on this issue to shed some light on the situation

because I really have no idea whether I should just ignore it or not.

Thanks a lot.

*edit - I understand these questions have been posted before and I'm sorry but I wasn't sure if by chance the laws have been updated so I wanted a recent view on the matter.

Edited by kedrex

read the advice at the link - ignore

firstly it is NOT A FINE.

was this a windscreen ticket you got?

if so await the notice to keeper

and appeal and get a popla number.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it was a yellow sticky pouch in the window. I've read that it is advised NOT to appeal to the parking agency but to the landowners, correct? What happens if you just ignore it altogether? And what do I do once i receive a POPLA number?

If you just ignore it they will win by default.

Wait for the NTK then appeal the ticket to them, not the landowner, they will issue you with a POPLA code,

then you can appeal direct to them and it will be overturned.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

notice to keeper, ie the owner of the vehicle will often get a demand for payment or to identify the driver. In law, this has to be sent between 28 and 56 days after the ticket was placed on the vehicle. Reason you should wait is that if you appeal sooner you are doing so as the driver and that is not a good idea as it identifies you for liability purposes. Also, by making them write to keeper they have to pay money to get the information and it also wasted their time. This gives you time to go and look at the sign at the entrance to the car park and photograph it and read it carefully for the next stage of this game. If there is no EXACT term that prohibits parking as you did then there is no breach of contract. They will argue that differently but they will be wrong in law.

So, what is a designated spot? is there a legal definition of how it is described and measured? No so generally the claim you are parked outside a designated space is bunkum as there is no such thing as a designated one.

These people are here to make money from you, not to control parking so dont be afraid of fighting this, it is actually very easy, as you will find out.