Dryden/ -claimform - old cap1 'debt'

snows
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

I recently sent Fredrickson International a CCA request for a Capital One account.

I've received a letter today advising they do not accept that they are the creditor

but are willing to assist in obtaining the request and will be contacting the creditor to obtain it and will revert back to me.

They have suspended all further action for the time being and have returned my £1 postal order.

Should I sit back and wait for their reply or is there anything or any response I should send to them.

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes wait for them to come back. They have suspended action and have said they will obtain the CCA copy. So you should expect not to be hassled any further until they provide the CCA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Unclebulgaria for your prompt reply!

I thought what you said was the case.

This may be a daft question but if they are going to try to get the CCA for me why have they returned the postal order

- would they not just forward it to the creditor?

Thank you Unclebulgaria for your prompt reply! I thought what you said was the case. This may be a daft question but if they are going to try to get the CCA for me why have they returned the postal order - would they not just forward it to the creditor?

Costs of processing. ( I think it costs about 20 or 30p to process)

I suspect that they just Email or add entry to a database asking the creditor for the CCA. That would not cost Freds anything. Obviously the creditor would have the costs of looking up the CCA, printing, sending etc, but they have to do it anyway. Earning about 70 or 80p after processing the PO, is not worth it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi - No, I've not paid anything for a while

- I've not heard anything about this debt for about 6 months or more,

so I've been concentrating on trying to pay off some other debts.

I've never checked my credit file but perhaps I should

It's a myth SG, looking at your CRF doesn't alert anyone, only you can see that you have searched it. I believe Brig is heading this point up himself..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Recently sent Fredrickson's a CCA request for a Capital One credit card debt.

Fredrickson advised they were not responsible for providing me with the CAA but would assist by contacting Capital One to provide the required document.

They also advised that any further action on my account would be suspended until I was in receipt of the CCA.

The 12+2 has just passed and as yet no CCA forthcoming.

Am planning on sending them the standard letter 'in dispute' letter but have

today received a 'pay up or else' letter from Arrow Global with regard to this debt.

Are these two companies connected or do I assume Fredrickson's have off loaded my debt to Arrow Global as they have been unable to provide the CCA.

Not sure where I go from here

- do I send the 'in dispute' letter to Fredrickson's and ignore Arrow Global's letter

or should I send another CCA request to Arrow Global .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - would really appreciate some advice.

Arrow Global have been chasing me for a Capital One debt.

I sent a CCA request to which I got a reply advising that they do not accept they are the creditor,

however would assisting in obtaining it and confirmed that all collection activity has been suspended pending provision of the documents. T

he also returned my £1 postal order.

A day or two before the 12+2day deadline, I received a further letter requesting payment of the debt and the usual we may do this or that etc.

Once the 12+2 day deadline passed and still no CCA,

I sent them an 'in dispute' letter and included a paragraph advising that it is their responsibility to provide me with the CCA

and if they don't have it, they should be following this up with the original lender.

I've received their reply today which is an exact copy of the previous one advising they do not accept they are the creditor,

but they will assist in obtaining it and will suspend further activity.

Having read other threads about this company I sense I'm not going to get anywhere with them.

Should I just send a CCA request direct to Cap One or is there any other action I can take.

The 21 day deadline mentioned in the 'in dispute' letter is up on 16 March.

• 1 month later...

I have a Capital One debt which was passed to Fredrickson.

I sent them a CCA request and before I heard anything back the debt was passed to Arrow Global.

I sent another CCA request letter to Arrow Global and they advised it was not their responsibility to provide the CCA,

however they would contact CapOne to get them to provide the CAA.

Received a further letter advising they were still trying to obtain the CCA and

due to the 12+2 days expiring I sent them an in dispute letter.

Their response was that the account would be on hold until such time as the CAA materialised.

As yet, I've received nothing, but

today I have received a letter from Bryan Carter stating I have 14 days to pay up or they will recommend proceedings be issued against me by Arrow Global.

Are Arrow Global within their rights to do this

or is it just a threat tactic to make me pay up??

If not, would be grateful to to have an idea of what response I should send them.

Thank you

Hi Guys

- I have an old Cap One debt and have been trying since January to obtain a copy of the CCA from Fredrickson and Arrow Global.

Sent them an in dispute letter about 6 weeks ago and received a response advising they were still trying to get hold of the CCA

but until then the account would be on hold.

Surprise, surprise,

I received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors yesterday advising I have 14 days to pay up or face court action.

Having read other threads I'm assuming court action is unlikely if no CCA has been supplied and the account is in dispute - is this correct?

Also, would be really grateful to know how I should be responding to BC??

Thank you

Also, would be really grateful to know how I should be responding to BC??

Hi Snows

Write to him and advise the account is in dispute for none compliance to a section 78 request and that any legal action will be vigorously defended.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 year later...

I sent a CCA request some 10 months ago to Arrow Global / Frederickson relating to a Capital One account I opened in 2004.

Today I received a letter enclosing a photocopy of the application form with the credit agreement at the bottom.

The copy shows that the agreement has been signed by myself and would appear to be a copy of the form I signed at the time,

however the authorised signature has clearly recently been added

- the felt tip pen used is so fresh - it smudges on the page when you rub it!

Is this acceptable as a "True Copy" of a CCA.

I believe this debt may be close to being statute barred unfortunately I don't have any paperwork to confirm this.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you

That's great - thank you.

What's the best way to find out when a debt becomes statue barred.

I assumed the way to do this would be to send an SAR request to the DCA,

but did read somewhere by doing this you are acknowledging the debt,

so I haven't gone down this route just in case.