Dryden/ -claimform - old cap1 'debt'

snows
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dx

It seems that this has been going on for 18 months or so but has only recently been passed to Scotcall. One letter to them to see them off is all that it will take. As for Arrow, its just about showing them you know what is going on.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi would be grateful for some advice,. I have a debt with Arrow Global which has been in dispute for a year due to no CCA being provided. Arrow Global have passed the debt to Rossendales. I wrote to advise I was surprised about this as the debt was in dispute. They initially agreed they would take no further action, however today I have received a statement of the account, but no CCA.. Can anyone advise what I should do nest? Thank you

Strange to be passed to Rossendales to collect, if there is no CCJ.

What debt is this ?

When did you last make any payment ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Strange to be passed to Rossendales to collect, if there is no CCJ.

What debt is this ?

When did you last make any payment ?

Rossendales have a debt collection arm.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Rossendales have a debt collection arm.

Yes I was aware of Rossendales collect or some such name, but I did not think they did standard consumer credit debt collection like a Lowells for example.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi would be grateful for some advice,. I have a debt with Arrow Global which has been in dispute for a year due to no CCA being provided. Arrow Global have passed the debt to Rossendales. I wrote to advise I was surprised about this as the debt was in dispute. They initially agreed they would take no further action, however today I have received a statement of the account, but no CCA.. Can anyone advise what I should do nest? Thank you

Who sent the statements?

You can ignore them of inform the sender by signed for post that they have failed to comply with the CCA request and no further correspondence will be entered into.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Yes I was aware of Rossendales collect or some such name, but I did not think they did standard consumer credit debt collection like a Lowells for example.

Yes have done for years, just a bad as the other arm imo!

Yes have done for years, just a bad as the other arm imo!

Thanks. Received a further letter today from Rossendales who have sent a copy of a CAA agreement. Find this very strange as Arrow Global could not provide one. I am slightly suspicious! It's an old Cap One debt that becomes SB in 10 months

Thanks. Received a further letter today from Rossendales who have sent a copy of a CAA agreement. Find this very strange as Arrow Global could not provide one. I am slightly suspicious! It's an old Cap One debt that becomes SB in 10 months

Please post up a suitably redacted copy of all you have received, let's see if it's compliant.

Please post up a suitably redacted copy of all you have received, let's see if it's compliant.

Thanks will have to do it on Monday as I don't have access to a scanner. The content looks authentic but the photocopy is poor . Just strange that neither Cap One or a few DCAs along the way have been able to provide anything. Anyway will scan and post a redacted copy on Monday.

Thanks will have to do it on Monday as I don't have access to a scanner. The content looks authentic but the photocopy is poor . Just strange that neither Cap One or a few DCAs along the way have been able to provide anything. Anyway will scan and post a redacted copy on Monday.

Ok, it does seem strange it has suddenly appeared.

I'm no expert but got my magnifying glass out last and the barcode at top of the page and the one at the bottom are completely different. Maybe I'm just an old cynic but I sense a bit of Blue Peter creativity has taken place! I shall look forward to hearing your opinion when I post scanned copies on Monday. Thank you again for your support -

Hi, Here is the copy of the CCA, application form and terms and conditions I have been sent in response to my CCA request - would be grateful for an opinion as to whether they are valid or not and what my next response should be. Have also looked at the statement of account and note that PPI charges have been applied to this debt and wonder what the situation is with regard to them. Thank you

Ok thats handy stuff

Begin a reclaim on the PPI. I am led to believe that PPI reclaim in itself will not be enough to halt proceedings. If they do I will happily stand corrected.

Next Subject Access the original creditor.

You want to ask for everything. I am assuming that you have received late payment charges and over limit fees etc. Therefore you could begin a reclaim on this. If you do have charges and begin the reclaim procedure for unlawful charges then that will be enough to stop further enforcement action untill your complaint is resolved providing you initiate your complaint before they file a claim form.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks - I will do as you suggest. I'm also unclear as to whether the paperwork they sent complies fully with my CCA request. Having looked at a few other Cap One CCA threads on this site, I'm not sure it does. Would be grateful for any clarification. Thank you.

Brigadier would have more knowledge on this area than me :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Brigadier would have more knowledge on this area than me :)

The " short agreement" carries the crucial data I believe then when the card is issued on these apps a " booklet with the full Ts & Cs is sent with it the applicant can then accept or decline the card.

I see it has been signed by an authorised person representing Capone, which may make a challenge more difficult.

These dual purpose application/agreement forms are often difficult to validate, you could try rejecting the document (if that is all you received) as being non compliant as it is an application form.

The " short agreement" carries the crucial data I believe then when the card is issued on these apps a " booklet with the full Ts & Cs is sent with it the applicant can then accept or decline the card.

I see it has been signed by an authorised person representing Capone, which may make a challenge more difficult.

These dual purpose application/agreement forms are often difficult to validate, you could try rejecting the document (if that is all you received) as being non compliant as it is an application form.

Thanks for the info. I was sent a copy of the short agreement some months back - the signature had clearly been added at the time of sending as the ink was so fresh it smudged across the page when you touched it!

As expected the phone calls have started already, so I will go down the SAR route to the OC to reclaim the PPI etc. should I notify the DCA and will the debt remain in dispute until any reclaim is resolved? Thank you

Thanks for the info. I was sent a copy of the short agreement some months back - the signature had clearly been added at the time of sending as the ink was so fresh it smudged across the page when you touched it!

As expected the phone calls have started already, so I will go down the SAR route to the OC to reclaim the PPI etc. should I notify the DCA and will the debt remain in dispute until any reclaim is resolved? Thank you

As said you can attempt to reject the app form as non compliant and state you consider them still in default of your CCA request, meaning they must reply/resolve this meanwhile they cannot enforce the debt via the courts.

A SAR as such has no effect on the status of the debt nor does a PPI reclaim so no if an compliant agreement is produced there is no longer a dispute.

• 3 months later...

I have an old Cap One debt which becomes SB in about 3 months.

Over the years it's been passed to a number of DCA.

I have sent CCA requests and about a year ago received a dodgy copy of an agreement

and a statement of account.

After receiving this I sent an 'in dispute' letter. Haven't heard anything until

last week when I received a letter from Drydensdalefairfax offering to accept a reduced payment if I settle.

This week I've received a letter advising they have been instructed by Arrow Global to commrnce legal proceedings if I don't .

I believe AG and Drydensdalefairfax are probably all part of the same company .

Not sure if I should call their bluff and ignore the letter or send a further CCA request and maybe a SAR. Thank you

Hi

Which dates/events are you basing your SB date on?

I would send another CCA request to Arrow.

If you think you have penalty charges and/or PPI to reclaim then yes a SAR to Cap One would be useful to get all of the statements from which you can work out your reclaim figures.

Does this account feature on your credit file?

numerous threads on same debt merged yet again....

until/unless someone produces an enforceable CCA

I pers would not be sending anything

you've sent that 'group' 3 CCA's atleast

they know its a lemon

else they'd never offer a discount

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have an old Cap One debt which becomes SB in about 3 months.

Over the years it's been passed to a number of DCA.

I have sent CCA requests and about a year ago received a dodgy copy of an agreement

and a statement of account.

After receiving this I sent an 'in dispute' letter. Haven't heard anything until

last week when I received a letter from Drydensdalefairfax offering to accept a reduced payment if I settle.

This week I've received a letter advising they have been instructed by Arrow Global to commrnce legal proceedings if I don't .

I believe AG and Drydensdalefairfax are probably all part of the same company .

Not sure if I should call their bluff and ignore the letter or send a further CCA request and maybe a SAR. Thank you

DF is a law practice with a core business of debt collection and is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Which dates/events are you basing your SB date on?

I would send another CCA request to Arrow.

If you think you have penalty charges and/or PPI to reclaim then yes a SAR to Cap One would be useful to get all of the statements from which you can work out your reclaim figures.

Does this account feature on your credit file?

Hi - Have sent a SAR request to CapOne and not received any thing as yet.

Sent another CCA request to Drydenfairfax - no response to request but

today received claim form from Northampton Court.

The debt is still showing on my credit report and the default date is April 2015.

I am sure there are penalty charges and PPI.

Not really sure what to do next!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...