• Tweets

• I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
    • LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  He'd simultaneously asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. In later months Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.    Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  (thus I don't know if the buyer would have ever proceeded). He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since (inc via new agent requested by lender). I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

virgin media been taking money out for over a year by dd. service was cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

shal i go with this? what the liklihood of a reply and the matter being closed after 14 days? thankyou for you help. really apprecaite it. been sorting this all day sice first thing this morning.

If you wish go with what has been posted, personally I would remove all reference to a mortgage application.

Do not use comments such as those made in regard to the CEO and common sense.

Type it up again in your own words, so it does not appear to be a template letter and post it up again so others can comment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr Mocekeridge

Please consider this communication as a formal complaint which, despite numerous telephone calls to your expensive 0845 number could not be resolved.

I had a Virgin Media account for tv phone and broadband which i duly cancelled by post and phone in April 2013 giving my 30 days notice as my contract was ending on the 233 May 2013.

Following the 30 days notice period, on 23 May 2013, I subscribed to a Sky telephone, broadband and TV package which is still active.

For some administrative problems I had not been receiving my bank statements for a long time and therefore never realised that you completely ignored my cancellation to your services and kept on charging me via direct debit.

Since my cancellation I have not received any more bills (electronic or postal) from you and assumed that indeed your services and related charges had been terminated.

Your employee Adam from the complaints department advised me that a monthly bill was sent to my email address.

Needless to say this statement is inaccurate and could be easily proved by a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act 2008.

I have also been informed that, accordingly to your record, you have indeed received my cancellation in May 2013 but only for the telephone service and not for the broadband and TV.

Common sense should prevail at this point: why would I cancel only the telephone service knowing that I was signing up to all three services with your competitor Sky?

I have recovered the money you have been collecting from my account using the direct debit guarantee by contacting my bank and therefore my request is not for a refund.

I demand confirmation that this matter is closed and Virgin Media will not contact me requesting undue payments.

Any attempt to place a default on my credit record and/or instruct a debt collection agency will be vigorously opposed by all means.

Should you decide to pursue this matter further in your favour, I will have no other option than file a court claim to recover all my losses.

I trust that at least you as CEO of Virgin Media will understand that this is an absurd situation and needs to be resolved as a matter of urgency.

Should I not receive any response from you in the next 14 calendar days I will consider this matter resolved.

Regards

[your name]

Is this ok to email? Anything else i need to add? I have removed all reference to a mortgage which i am still worrying greatly about. I also have a sky bill that starts on the 23 may 2013 as proof. Just hopw this gets sorted soon in my favour without any credit impact.

All of a sudden i have been emailed this advert today!

Hi,

Your new Value Statement shows just how much brilliant value you got from your services between May and July. And that's on top of all the inclusives you get as part of your package. Like no charge for repairs or call-outs, Virgin TV Anywhere and online protection for the whole family with our award-winning F-Secure SAFE and Web Safe security. Find out more at virginmedia.com/inclusiveextras.

i have never got these since the termination of my contract - not even junk mail from them!!!. How is this that they are now sending me this? Feeling absolutely furious!!!!

Dear Mr Mocekeridge

Please consider this communication as a formal complaint which, despite numerous telephone calls to your expensive 0845 number could not be resolved.

I had a Virgin Media account for tv phone and broadband which i duly cancelled by post and phone in April 2013 giving my 30 days notice as my contract was ending on the 233 May 2013.

Following the 30 days notice period, on 23 May 2013, I subscribed to a Sky telephone, broadband and TV package which is still active.

For some administrative problems I had not been receiving my bank statements for a long time and therefore never realised that you completely ignored my cancellation to your services and kept on charging me via direct debit.

Since my cancellation I have not received any more bills (electronic or postal) from you and assumed that indeed your services and related charges had been terminated.

Your employee Adam from the complaints department advised me that a monthly bill was sent to my email address.

Needless to say this statement is inaccurate and could be easily proved by a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act 2008.

I have also been informed that, accordingly to your record, you have indeed received my cancellation in May 2013 but only for the telephone service and not for the broadband and TV.

Common sense should prevail at this point: why would I cancel only the telephone service knowing that I was signing up to all three services with your competitor Sky?

I have recovered the money you have been collecting from my account using the direct debit guarantee by contacting my bank and therefore my request is not for a refund.

I demand confirmation that this matter is closed and Virgin Media will not contact me requesting undue payments.

Any attempt to place a default on my credit record and/or instruct a debt collection agency will be vigorously opposed by all means.

Should you decide to pursue this matter further in your favour, I will have no other option than file a court claim to recover all my losses.

I trust that at least you as CEO of Virgin Media will understand that this is an absurd situation and needs to be resolved as a matter of urgency.

Should I not receive any response from you in the next 14 calendar days I will consider this matter resolved.

Regards

[your name]

Good to go, if e-mailing follow up with a letter by post and get it signed for.

Please let us know what happens.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ok just about to email and will definatly keep u all updated. Right now im just fuming from the VM email theyve sent all of a sudden!!! Feel extremley anger and think what a cheek!

should i send it to the ceo vm address in terms of posting or the complaints department?

i am sending to ceo by email as we speak.

ok just about to email and will definatly keep u all updated. Right now im just fuming from the VM email theyve sent all of a sudden!!! Feel extremley anger and think what a cheek!

should i send it to the ceo vm address in terms of posting or the complaints department?

i am sending to ceo by email as we speak.

I would ignore customer (dis) service and complaints department keep it right at thee top!!

i believe this is the address so will send it recorded delivery on Monday. Email sent.

Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP

What do you think about them all of a sudden sending that advert/bill type email?

That's the one I would use.

Let's just say one hand knows not what the other is doing.

I have received this just now which i believe is a standard auto reply:-

We would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us today.

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy and we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

Tom is currently not available to deal with your complaint personally; however we have passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries.

We look forward to discussing this matter with you in the future.

On behalf of Tom Mockridge.

I have received this just now which i believe is a standard auto reply:-

We would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us today.

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy and we will endeavour to resolve your issues as soon as possible.

Tom is currently not available to deal with your complaint personally; however we have passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries.

We look forward to discussing this matter with you in the future.

On behalf of Tom Mockridge.[/quote

That's good, lets see what comes up!

All of a sudden i have been emailed this advert today!

Hi,

Your new Value Statement shows just how much brilliant value you got from your services between May and July. And that's on top of all the inclusives you get as part of your package. Like no charge for repairs or call-outs, Virgin TV Anywhere and online protection for the whole family with our award-winning F-Secure SAFE and Web Safe security. Find out more at virginmedia.com/inclusiveextras.

i have never got these since the termination of my contract - not even junk mail from them!!!. How is this that they are now sending me this? Feeling absolutely furious!!!!

For info, I think the "Value statement" email is something new they have introduced - I received one for the first time 2 days ago on the 15th. This is in addition to my normal monthly billing email which I received the day before on the 14th.

thanks but i did even get 'junk' emails from virgin - not since end of contract so im suspicious why all of a sudden i have this 'value statement'. thanks

I don't blame you for being suspicious 2 years no contact and now they find out you have been paying for absolutely no service for all this time, seems to me like they are trying to justify charging you.

Yes extremly suspicious and really wound me up after no contact all this time. Recieved this today which again i believe is a standard email. lets see what the next 24 hours brings. thanks all so much

Thank you for your email regarding your complaint.

Firstly please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Megan, and I

work in the Chief Executive Office on behalf of our CEO and Executive

Directors at Virgin Media. My role is to ensure the appropriate

resolution is reached for any complaints they receive.

I have assigned your case to one of our specialist complaint agents who

will assume full accountability to ensure your complaint is resolved

quickly and to your satisfaction. They will be in touch within the next

24 hours.

Whilst we do aim to resolve all issues as quickly as possible and usually within 5 days, the agent dealing with your case may be required

to investigate your issue further. If you'd like to speak to us while we

are handling your complaint then please don't hesitate to call us on

0800 052 1569 quoting your reference number provided at the top of this

email.

I would like to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am you have had

cause to complain, however I can assure you we will do our utmost to

resolve this to your satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,

Megan Miller |CEO Case Manager, Virgin Media

Yes extremly suspicious and really wound me up after no contact all this time. Recieved this today which again i believe is a standard email. lets see what the next 24 hours brings. thanks all so much

Thank you for your email regarding your complaint.

Firstly please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Megan, and I

work in the Chief Executive Office on behalf of our CEO and Executive

Directors at Virgin Media. My role is to ensure the appropriate

resolution is reached for any complaints they receive.

I have assigned your case to one of our specialist complaint agents who

will assume full accountability to ensure your complaint is resolved

quickly and to your satisfaction. They will be in touch within the next

24 hours.

Whilst we do aim to resolve all issues as quickly as possible and usually within 5 days, the agent dealing with your case may be required

to investigate your issue further. If you'd like to speak to us while we

are handling your complaint then please don't hesitate to call us on

0800 052 1569 quoting your reference number provided at the top of this

email.

I would like to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am you have had

cause to complain, however I can assure you we will do our utmost to

resolve this to your satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,

Megan Miller |CEO Case Manager, Virgin Media

A reasonable response I think, this approach has been fruitful in the past.

Let Ms Miller and her colleague investigate and respond

so the headache starts again today. The above email said someone would be in touch 'in the next 24 hours' but noone did...till this mornings post. here is what i have recieved:-

firstly a bill. bill date 21 october 2014. total bill is £830.71. There is a breakdown underneath is as follows:-

20 oct indemnity claim £46.65

20 oct indemnity claim £69.07

20 oct indemnity claim £32.64

20 oct indemnity claim £49.90

total payment £780.81

owed from last bill £830.71

your package - tv size l broadband l bundle charges total £49.90

in another envelope i have the following letter:-

23 october 2014

Hello ......

Thankyou for the email that you sent tp us in the CEO team on the 17th October 2014 regarding the cancellation of your virgin media account. I would have preferred t speak to you so i did try to call you on the 20th, 21st amd 23rd october 2014 using the mobile number ending in ####. (i dont use this phone anymore and would not have wanted to speak to them on the phone)As there was no answer each time I wasnt able to let you know that we were reviewing your case. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

I do appreciate your disappointment that having cancelled your virgin media account as far as you were concerned you've continued to be charged for our services, and i do understand how this has affected you personally and financially.

By looking at your virgin media account notes and complaint email i can see that you've already contacted us about this situation using web chat on the 16th October 2014. I can confirm what my colleague #### found by checking through earlier notes ; namely that we exported your virgin media telephone number over to sky on the 25th may 2013 and there was no request to cancel any other services.

You also mentioned in your email that #### told you we'd been sending monthly bills to your email address of ######. What we have been doing is sending you email notifications that your new ebills are ready to view through My Virgin Media. Here are the details of the last 12 months of notifications as ebilling is still active on your Virgin Media account.

statement date email date and time

21/11/2013 22/11/2013 3.01 am

19/12/2013 20/12/2013 3.33 am

21/01/14 21/01/2014 10.33 pm

20/02/14 20/02/2014 6.12 pm

20/03/14 02/04/2014 2.57 pm

23/04/14 24/04/2014 7.12 am

22/05/14 22/05/2014 6.49 pm

19/06/14 20/06/2014 4.47 am

21/07/14 22/07/2014 2.11 am

21/08/14 22/08/2014 1.07 am

19/09/14 20/09/2014 1.59 am

21/10/14 22/10/14 5.26 am

During your web chat conversation, ###raised a disconnection order for your virgin media, who9ch by taking the standard 30 days notice fromt hat date will complete on the 15 november 2014.

i can see from your virgin media account notes that you put in an indemnity claim with you bank for £830.71 on the 20th October 2014 under the direct debit guarentee scheme. this scheme does refund incorrect direct debits draws but i need to tell you that you've been charged correctly for your monthly services according to your virgin media account notes so these payments were correctly drawn and remain payable to us. As a goodwill gesture for your experience though, i have added a credit of £49.90 for the final months service charge up to the 15 november 2014.

If you want to confirm the notes that were added to your virign media account then you would need to make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)

This request would need to be made in writing, enclosing a £10 cheque payable to:

Virgin media payments

chief executives office

virgin media

po box 238

manchester

m22 owj

Im really very sorry about your whole experienec so i hope i've been able to detail my findings and fully address the concerns raised in your correspondance. I would like to think you my consider returning to us as a customer in the future.

If you do still need to speak to me about this issue then please contact me directly by telephone to discuss your complaint. My number is ......i am available weekdays between hours of 9-6.

kind regards

#######

virgin complaints

so thats the 2 letters i have received. dont know what to do now. very afraid of them putting a default on my account as my mortgage proceedings are starting and i have excellent credit. i have not ever recieved the notifications by email but again have recently in the last few days recieved some junk mail that came directly in my inbox on my email from virgin and virgin junk mail in the post! having not recieved anything this whole time!!! also i do not knwo why the bill amouts changed as im far as im concerned this account was finished in may 2013.

need your help please. tjanks guys

This is common with Virgin Media I'm afraid, not recording " cancellation requests and continuing to claim payment for a service that has not been used.

I can understand your feeling about them placing a default and your proposed mortgage application.

One would reasonable think that as you were reclaiming the payments under the DD guarantee that VM would have realised something was amiss, does this amount to negligence/ mismanagement of your account I'm not sure.

The evidence is clear that you did Not at anytime after you genuinely believed the services were cancelled, that you did not avail yourself of any VM services.

How far into your mortgage app are you?

Keep a close eye on your credit files.

I would make the subject access request the DPA allows 40 days for compliance.

what do you think my chances are?

my mortgage stuff has just started but iv worked really hard to get good credit history and have previosuly lost a house for a default in a shared house . finally all my credit is clear.

i only claimed the indemnity on last week when i started all this....

yes i have not used ANY of their services. i use sky internet sky tv. dont even have a virgin box.

Virgin media registers defaults with credit rating agencies, so be careful with this one.

Given that you are applying for a mortgage, it may be worth paying the bill in order to avoid any risk of a default. You could then try to claim the money back (including bringing a claim against virgin through the court system if necessary).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Virgin media registers defaults with credit rating agencies, so be careful with this one.

Given that you are applying for a mortgage, it may be worth paying the bill in order to avoid any risk of a default. You could then try to claim the money back (including bringing a claim against virgin through the court system if necessary).

I agree with this.

Unfortunately you will be better paying and claim the money in a county court than lose another house.

Write to VM ceo again and tell him that you will make payment under duress because of your situation.

Explain it in details and ask for a refund.

If they don't give it to you, don't go to the adjudicator (waste of time) and start a cc claim.

Or, pay them by cc and once you get the mortgage do a chargeback.

Then they will have to come after you.

what do you think my chances are?

my mortgage stuff has just started but iv worked really hard to get good credit history and have previosuly lost a house for a default in a shared house . finally all my credit is clear.

i only claimed the indemnity on last week when i started all this....

yes i have not used ANY of their services. i use sky internet sky tv. dont even have a virgin box.[/quote

Personally I don't think VM have got a leg to stand on here.

I think I would get back to Ms Miller and say it is patently obvious the services were not used during the period after you cancelled the contract.

You could ask outright ( I would) if VM is going to default the account and report to the CRAs, which would be unreasonable and unfair.

Without a box one wonders how they can justify even part of the costs.

The decision on what to do is entirely yours of course, get the mortgage process going forward as quickly as possible if you can.

In order to be able to move forward I think you need to establish the priority here so a quick question.....

Which is more important to you:-

A) Getting involved in what might be protracted correspondence with Virgin and more than likely get a default?

Or

B) Ensuring your credit file stays clean so that you can get your mortgage without problems and issues?