Cahoot have written off my debt whilst on Stepchange DMP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife and I have been on a Stepchange DMP for 4 years

- we had over 30 creditors to begin with but now have around 20 and have paid off about 70% of what we owed.

One of the remaining creditors - Cahoot - has recently contacted us to say that they are writing off the amount owing (which is £1579) because they have failed to provide us with any statements since the start of the DMP.

Looking at the other creditors

there are 2 more on there who don't send us any statements either.

Is it worth raising this as a complaint with them?

If so what wording should we use?

They have both frozen all interest and charges so we don't really want to upset them!

Additionally my wife received a CCJ at the same time as we set up the DMP and we agreed with the creditor to pay £116 a month on a £9k judgement.

They then sold this to Investec who we have paid via standing order ever since.

They never ever send us a written statement and rather strangely no CCJ shows up on my wife's Noodle or Experian accounts

- there definitely is one, we have a copy of it.

Does anyone know if they have to supply a written statement of account for a CCJ?

I strongly doubt cahoot has written this off, more likely ti have sold it on to another DCA.

Inform stepchange that these other outfits have failed to send you the legally required statement of account.

You won't upset them, just reminding them of their legal obligations, if they don't then pull them from the DMP.

How old is the CCJ?

You should STOP paying it to Investec, you should ONLY pay whoever is named on the judgement, the sale of a CCJ without the courts express permission

is tantamount to contempt.

I would contact the court who awarded this CCJ directly, and sooner rather than later, and advise them that the original judgement hasn't been complied with

as the owner has sold it on.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cahoot didn't make any mention of passing it to a DCA and said specifically

"We wanted to let you know that we will be clearing the outstanding balance on your cahoot credit card account ending XXXX from 10th December 2014 and closing your account."

They go on to say the account has been inactive for a long period of time and an outstanding balance has accrued and then say

"As during this period of inactivity we have not been sending you notices or reminders of the outstanding balance,

we are waiving payment of this and you have nothing more to pay".

It then tells us to cancel any direct debits or contact any DMP providers to stop making any further payments.

CCJ was in January 2010.

Yep, it also doesn't say anything about not selling it on to the next desk along, just keep a copy of that letter for future reference.

The CCJ I would get onto the issuing court and discuss the sale of the judgement without their knowledge and see what they want to do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

We've had the same thing! Got letters a couple of days ago saying the balences will be reduced to zero on 8th December and they will accept no further payments. Both myself and partner had credit cards with them and have been on a DMP for the last 4 years. I just rang Stepchange and he said that other people have rang in saying the same thing. The debt is not being sold on it is being writen off! For us the 2 cards come to about 7k so we are pretty chuffed! Just like previous posters we have not been receiving updates from cahoot etc! We've also got other creditors we never hear from such as Egg.

I also had a flexi-loan with cahoot but have heard nothing about that. Has anyone heard about people reclaiming interest paid on these flexi-loans? I read a thread on moneysaving expert that says you can complain to cahoot as they kept jacking up the interest rates on these loans without giving any reasons. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about that?

Thanks

Sean