Natwest gold packaged account fees reclaiming **WON £1100!!**

zuzanka23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just the letter and the spreadsheets, all fine now

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

should I also delete the word credit card in the second sentence?

no

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

leave out "I was also offered a credit card if I took this account"

and "I enclose letters.....to........of £250 and the credit card." --because your not sending them and not mentioning the credit card

are you sure I shouldn't delete the word credit card in the second sentence if I am not mentioning the credit card later?

also I would like to ask them to refund me all late payment fees for the credit card in the future if it's possible?

As I am still paying off the credit card but it's been cancelled because I went over the limit and couldn't afford the repayments.

is that something I need to mention or not and leave it for now and maybe see if I can ask them to refund it in the future? or is it not possible anymore?

do I not need to add sort code to the letter or just the account number is sufficient?

you can if you wish, with your name address and account no Im sure they will find it

are you sure I shouldn't delete the word credit card in the second sentence if I am not mentioning the credit card later? no youve mentioned it once, no need to repeat was the point

also I would like to ask them to refund me all late payment fees for the credit card in the future if it's possible?

As I am still paying off the credit card but it's been cancelled because I went over the limit and couldn't afford the repayments.

is that something I need to mention or not and leave it for now and maybe see if I can ask them to refund it in the future? or is it not possible anymore?

yes its quite possible, but you may need to go the court route to suceed. You need to start a seperate thread for that issue otherwise

this one will get completely confused

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, received a text message on wednesday last week saying they are looking into the complaint and will be in touch within 5 days even if they just let me know what is happening. Its tuesday and I havent heard nothing else. What do I do? Do I contact them to find out what is happening?

just be patient for now, they have 8 weeks in which to fully respond

just an update that I received a letter from Natwest saying they are investigating the complaint

and will keep me updated within the next 3 weeks.

let's see what they say.

I received a Tastecard from Natwest after being a packaged account holder for 5 years

they just sent me this card almost the same time I received the letter from Natwest about my complaint.

Coincidence or what?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I need advice please.

I have been refunded today some money.

Refund fees totalling over £900.

This is not the amount that I requested tho.

I want to be refunded the all amount of £2200.

What shall I do?

also received a letter today saying they are still investigating the complaint

and will write to me within the next 2 weeks.

Please advice what should I do?

Thank you

are you sure I shouldn't delete the word credit card in the second sentence if I am not mentioning the credit card later?

re natwest credit card charges

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423796-SabreSheep-Vs-Natwest-Moorcroft

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi

thanks for that but I am not claiming credit card charges now.

This is about packaged account being missold and

I am asking for all charges and fees back, with the interest

its £2200 but

today I was refunded £900 and not sure what to do about it?

did you receive a letter explaining your refund?

yes ring them for an explanation as to what is going on

lets see what they say first

I phoned them

they said they refunded me what they owed me.

The interest they calculated is only 8% and not 17.94%.

They said if I am not happy I can complaint to financial ombudsman.

What shall I do? Thanks.

Also they wont refund all charges,

just the ones where I went overdrawn because of the maintenance fees which is about £54 and not £500.

the fos have accepted that 8% should be the rate refunded, though personally I would argue this with nat west

as they have charged you at 17.94%, so why should they refund you at 8%

You need a full written explanation as to why the package fees have only caused £54 of the excess charges

However on the plus side, a month ago you were offered £24 in total

for the price of a stamp, you have at least reduced your borrowing by almost £1000, so something achieved

ask for a full explanation and breakdown in writing, and argue the interest as a first step

Thanks.

They said the letter with explanation is on the way.

I did tell them the interest I was charged was 17.94%.

They said the interest they can calculate is 8%.

This is given by following financial ombudsmans recommendation.

I know its good what they gave me but it doesnt cover the overdraft

I am still forced to keep the account and therefore continue paying the maintenance fee.

Is there any way they can give me normal account and leave the overdraft I have?

you proved that the package account was misold, so they should certainly change you to another account

you should request this asap, no reason to keep paying the £15 per month

that is something for you to discuss with your branch