My Mobile Hell!! CPW - EE - SONY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

End of June -July

Around the end of June my contract with Virgin expired and after a another shoddy year of service, and an insurance claim made really awkward... I decided to change ServiceProvider to EE, (out of the frying pan...) i hadn't tried any recent flagship handsets so went to my local CarPhone Warehouse a stones throw from my house to give them a go.... while I was there they snagged me with a £120 cashback on my old handset on the then new Sony Xperia Z2! happy days!

or so I thought on porting from virgin to keep me old number ...the regular will take 72 hours scenario ...went to work only to find virgin had cancelled my contract instantly without being asked??

so 72 hours on the temporary sim number? well not ideal but oh well! SIM number 1

72 hours come and go ... to no avail ... visit cpw they say another 48-72 hours after chasing EE up... I managed to wangle £15 topup as it is my primary work number!!:-x although they needed to issue a new sim for it SIM number 2 can you see where this is going??:-(

another 72 hours pass ...back to cpw they say porting issues from EE side has made automatic porting bugged and a new manual ported contract will need to be setup...ok?

unfortunately my last contract included trade in and other deals that would be a check through cpw to allow them to cover the 700 pound odd for a new handset and cashback to be credited and transferred to a new contract!?

this would take 24 hours.....48 hours later im back at CPW signing a new contract and manually porting over to EE also I swaped my handset as the old one kept overheating till it would power down I was thus given SIM number 3

and the all familiar 72 hours is offered yay by which Im starting to believe my number has been lost.... maybe EE dont like me..... No! keep the faith!

To my disbelief my phone sucessfully ports! I get my old number back once ive figured out what sim it is :-D

WOOT! trouble over YES!? NOOO!!!

I get My first bill! for the active accounts of SIM1 and SIM2 neither of which im using namely SIM3! and then

THE last week in July with my shiny z2 in pocket listening to music to music overheats and not until I get in the shower do I realise how bad, 2nd degree contact burn!!!!

:jaw::violin::violin:

after the clinic treated and bandaged me up i had to take 5 days off work! Im self employed no work =no pay!!

what a month!!!!!

Edited by dfektor

August

no thats not the end !!!

When I finally get back at work a few days later my phone loses service and my account is suspended

a phone call to EE reveals my account has gone over its acceptable limit and i need to pay 20 pounds to clear it down... hmm well ok?!

probably all those customer service numbers ive been ringing?!?!

EE also inform me I still have 3 active accounts

so I return to CPW( which at this point I believe i should be on the payroll im there physically if not mentally more than their staff, right?)

they chase up CPW HQ and EE and after 72 hours (no its not funny any more!!) the will be cancelled after long chat with the manager he tells me after this is by far the worst experience he has seen and I should be seeking compensation through EE and CPW and find an injury lawyer to seek compensation from SONY!

that weekend EE they say there is nothing they can do, the error is all on CPW shoulders and advise me in future not to use and come direct due to ongoing issues with them!

I ring CPW they advise me the accounts are still active and they cannot process the complaint till the relevant accounts are cancelled.

I email Sony an official complaint

Late August I went on a well deserved Holiday!

Edited by dfektor

September

Back from holiday nothing more than a courtesy email from sony and no contact from CPW.

So I get back to Work shortly after I have a flare up of an ongoing illness and its my worst bout for several months through exhaustion and stress! in bed for a few weeks!

First day back at work....yes you guessed it I lose service and my account is suspended!!!

I ring EE they say there is nothing they can do or tell me as CPW have bought out my contract and cancelled it!!!

I go to CPW for the very last time ever in my life!! I swear!

after relevant phone calls its discovered EE have cancelled all 3 sims and mistakenly cancelled mine it just took ages to complete

they can reactivate it .....

And as God is My WITNESS!

Yes you guessed it 72 Hours!!!!!!!!!

It didn't take 72 hours, half that actually and over the weekend got a reply from Sony too.

And finally we get to the questions

SONY

They want my phone to take it apart and find cause, if its 1) manufacturers fault they will proceed with the claim but if 2)any damage by user they say they will close the case my phone will be left inoperable and shipping it back will be at my cost!

No Loan Phone- and from what I can see not much comebackif they decide to sting me?

Maybe I should go Injury lawyer route? Ideas??pls

CPW

After chats with some rude staff and some not so rude staff and being offered a £20 I got through to higher escalations team they more compassionate but not offering much... I got direct and firm the offered another 32 pounds = £52 another talk to the manager who had left for the day and more info about the effect its had on my life they said they may offer another 32 pounds taking the total reimbursement upto £84, being honest in my mind i dont think its enough ? am I being greedy and again any advice would be helpful?

Edited by dfektor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dfektor

Welcome to CAG

You really haven't helped yourself with the way and length of your postings.

The first thing you need to do is contact Trading Standards, explain what's happened with the phone, i.e. 'listening to music to music overheats and not until I get in the shower do I realise how bad, 2nd degree contact burn'. There is a Health & Safety aspect to your complaint, they need to investigate, that will help you further your complaints against the other parties.