Supplied by breakers yard with wrong fuel tank

Dan LXIX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a replacement fuel tank from a breakers via Parts Gateway. They clearly had the correct details of the car and supplied a tank, which I had fitted by my local garage. When we came to fuel the car up, we found the nozzle wouldn't fit in the filler neck, because it was obviously a petrol tank, which has a smaller nozzle than the diesel.

Where do I stand will this? Clearly I could claim the cost of the tank back, but it's on the car and I'll be getting a bill for 3 hours labour very shortly, which will be about £120, and I'll have to pay for more labour to take it off and send it back. Can I claim the labour costs off the breakers?

BTW, this has all come about because someone drilled the tank to steal the diesel, so it's not been a happy process from the outset :x

Drill the tank to steal diesel?!?!

Amateurs!

They could have disconnect the diesel line and then reconnect it so they could have come back every week for more.

Just kidding.

Imo

I don't think you will get the labour costs out of a breaker.

Good mechanics would have checked that the tank was the correct one before wasting 3 hours labour.