Vodafone incompetence is staggering

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

29th September: Vodafone sends a text message saying there is unusual activity on one of my accounts. Gives number to call.

Call Vodafone number quoted. They say our usual £400 bill is topping £2000 this month! Fell off chair! Ask for explanation so put through to billing team.

Lady says actually it is now £5000+ and there is a week to go - but she cannot say why this staggering bill is winging its way to me. Nor which SIM card it relates to. I have to wait a week - this is £1000 a week so I don't want to wait but there is nothing they can do!!!!!

Checked all phone numbers and excess adds up to about £150 which is usual. Not £5000, but Vodafone cannot tell me where the problem is. I have to wait over a week!!!!

I have taken SIM cards out of all handsets, iPhone and dongle so they cannot get used.

Advice from Vodafone - wait a week or more for the bill to land on my desk!

They stuffed me for over £1000 once before like this. They were definitely in the wrong but they threatened legal proceedings so I had to pay. I am not going to take this one lying down - I will see them in Court!!!

We here at CAG have a very successful vodafone Rep operating here

W advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to them as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

follow the instructions above and post the reference number you receive in this thread and Lee, the Vodafone rep will look in as soon as he sees it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hmm don't understand why the link has broken.. hold on a sec.. I will recover it for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

W advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to them as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

Click on the highlighted word "Here" in the quote above.

BCOBS

Hmm don't understand why the link has broken.. hold on a sec.. I will recover it for you.

Thank you for trying to help. I filled in the enquiry form in your link but have now received an email from Vodafone saying that email is no longer responded to and I should speak to an Adviser.

How Vodafone can send anyone a text saying there is some irregular spending and then, when you phone the number given, they cannot tell you which number it relates to nor how it has occurred. Then, one call centre operator says it is a staggering £3000 over our usual bill and, when I go apoplectic I am referred to billing department who say they cannot help but "by the way, it is £5000" as if that is an everyday occurrence!!!

I am very stressed and it does not help that Vodafone cannot give me any information. For all I know, someone has cloned my account. During my time with them they stuffed me for £1000 data usage I hadn't used but I had to pay it because they threatened legal action. I have had bills for phones I hadn't ordered - that turned out to be for someone of the same name! I have had bills for other people - they even gave me some compensation for the distress! They are bloody incompetent!!!!

I will send an S.O.S to Lee, the Vodafone rep - CAG has not been advised of any changes !!

BCOBS

hampshiremoves.. the email you received should contain a reference number somewhere.. please post it in this thread.

BCOBS