Can I change my IFA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a private pension out in 2003 and

the service I have been getting from my IFA varies from non existent to diabolical.

I was promised regular pension reviews but

I have never been contacted once.

I finally managed to set up a review in 2011 at my instigation

after several weeks of hassling him for an appointment.

He then took several more weeks to implement the fund switch we discussed at the review again, only after I kept chasing it.

I am in the same situation now about another pension I am trying to switch (admittedly not one he sold me).

I have been chasing him for almost year about switching.

Quite frankly I am fed up chasing him and wish to switch to another IFA.

Am I stuck with this IFA for my existing pension until I retire

or can I ask for the management the pension to be switched to a different IFA?

Who should I complain to in the first instance, the pension company or the industry regulator?

Hello there.

Have you complained to the IFA or their firm? Normally you would start there and then move onto the regulator if you weren't happy after 8 weeks.

Did you sign a client agreement with the IFA? It would be useful to know what that says, but in theory I think you can deal with any IFA you like as long as they're interested in taking on your portfolio. And as long as your agreement with the current IFA doesn't cause problems.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

As far as I can tell the IFA is the firm. Or at least the head partner. I don't think complaining to him will do much. I'll get a bit of activity for a brief period and then we will be back into the cycle of me chasing him all the time. This is the pattern our communication has taken before. I was under the impression that the pension was locked to the IFA for the life of the pension as they get a rolling commission out of it. If I changed IFA would that go to the new or old IFA? If the new the old IFA would complain I'm sure and if the old IFA continued to get it I doubt the new IFA would want to take it on. Maybe I'm wrong on that point. I will speak to the pension co.

You can move your portfolio. I would approach a new IFA. They should be able to help you move your portfolio across.

Personally I wouldn't bother complaining to the regulator. Complaining is unlikely to change the level of service you receive. It is more effective to vote with your feet.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS