Made a Claim for PIP 10 months ago...Spoke with DWP today....

PTSDcausedCFS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I suffer with

CFS -

PTSD - was said this was a factor in CFS

Depression

Anexity

IBS

Ankoloysing Spondulytus

Arthritus of the spine and hips

slipped disked

Under Active Thyroid gland.

I made a PIP claim in Dec after having to finish work in January, a job I have been in for 15 years, but it all become too much :(

I phoned DWP today and Was told they cant see the decision letter, however no payments have been "Issued" (a decision was made Friday) BUT the Award has a Start Date of Dec 13 and an End Date of Jan 17, so she said that indicates I have been awarded something, however, she cant tell me any more.

Can anyone shed any light ?

I would not bank on the letter coming to quickly but I hope it does.

My wife only found out about her award when she did her internet banking. We still

have not had any official confirmation (letter) concerning the award. That was

over a week ago and I have been on the phone three times since and each time the

person the other end keeps saying they cannot understand why a letter has not been sent.

We have deduced that she has been awarded standard PIP for both mob and care from information

we managed to get from the local council as it appears they have already been told about the award

and have (apparently) more information concerning it than the actual DWP people we have spoken to.

So, I hope you get your letter sooner rather than later. It opens up access to so many other benefits

as PIP is classed as a passport benefit, but you need that letter as proof to get them.

im so stressed, confused and worried

I got my letter on the 19th dsaying my claim was granted

but because its taken 10 months the back pay ids over £5k

because of that it now has to go throigh extra security/quality checks

I ordered a mobility car as my is broke and I cant walk or leave the house without a car but it needs an advance payment to meet my needs , without this money I cant pick the car up andive been told it'll be ready next week and I have the PIN from motability to collect it

I cant seem to get anywhere with DWP, does anyone know when I might get it and what these extra checks they are doing are for ? and if there is anyway to speed it up, ive phoned every day as per what they told me but im getting nowhere :((((