Issues with KLM Delayed Baggage-Any suggestions?

Dot1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks CitizenB,

Apart from not using them at all, I am not even likely travel within the next 12 months. I think what they are offering is worthless.

How best should I respond? I think it is a joke.

Thanks

Dot

Are you likely to use this company again ? If not, then a voucher / travel certificate will be of little value to you.

Fact is you are actually financially out of pocket - and their goodwill gesture is not costing them anything at all.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Rebel11,

The offer is of no value to me and I wont to refuse it but not sure of how to approach it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Spot on, they will probably count on you not travelling within the year, so potentially worthless.

KLM are probably busy cutting it out of their 'newsletter' right now.

Wait until you receive their offer, then you can say 'you've given it consideration and have to decline it in favor of a cash settlement as you will not be travelling in the next 12 months'. We can help you draft a letter along those lines.

Thanks Rebel11,

The offer is of no value to me and I wont to refuse it but not sure of how to approach it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Thanks rebel, based on the telephone conversation I had with the lady who called me earlier on, I think the offer is ready but they are waiting for my response. They confirmed this by email too as I had requested them to do so. At the time, I told them that I could not make any decision but if they write then I will respond. The email states exactly what I posted in post 23. If its OK then it would be nice if you could help with the letter so that I may forward it to them.

Thanks

Wait until you receive their offer, then you can say 'you've given it consideration and have to decline it in favor of a cash settlement as you will not be travelling in the next 12 months'. We can help you draft a letter along those lines.

I'd reply and tell them that you have decided to decline their offer as you want reimbursing for your expenses. Advise them that in the event that they fail to pay you will be taking court action as per your previous correspondence. Only do this if you mean it, and give them 7 days to pay.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Dot, just something along the lines of.

You have considered their offer and it is unlikely you would be able to benefit from it as you have no plans to travel during the next 12 months. Aside from which, you have had to pay "real" money out of your own pocket because of their actions and this is how you would like to be compensated.

I would however, wait until others have had time to contribute :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi caro,

Surely I will decline their offer and see what they will come up with. I think they are convince that I will follow it through as I have been very persistent. What they are saying does not make sense.

I'd reply and tell them that you have decided to decline their offer as you want reimbursing for your expenses. Advise them that in the event that they fail to pay you will be taking court action as per your previous correspondence. Only do this if you mean it, and give them 7 days to pay.

Thanks for that Citizen,

I will watch out for other opinions too.

Thanks

Dot, just something along the lines of.

You have considered their offer and it is unlikely you would be able to benefit from it as you have no plans to travel during the next 12 months. Aside from which, you have had to pay "real" money out of your own pocket because of their actions and this is how you would like to be compensated.

I would however, wait until others have had time to contribute :)

YOU tell them what you want. You're out of pocket so want your money back. If it was me I'd settle for nothing less - but then I'm like that. ;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

To be honest I need the money and that is what will fight for.I think it is unfair for them to dictate to me how I should do with my money and I feel that is what they are doing. I will not be settling for anything less.

YOU tell them what you want. You're out of pocket so want your money back. If it was me I'd settle for nothing less - but then I'm like that. ;)

Below is the draft. Thanks for having a look.

Is it OK?

Dear

Thank you for your email of ----- . After careful consideration of the offer you made, I regret to inform you that I will not be accepting it because of the following reasons:

• I have no plan to travel in the next 12 months.

• Your action has left me out of pocket and I would like to be re-reimbursed in cash but not in any other way.

• Even if I was planning to travel, based on the experience I had with KLM, it may take a long time to win my trust back.

In view of the above, the only option I am prepared to accept is cash refund. In the event that you choose to ignore my request, I will have no choice but to proceed as per my previous letter. I hope this makes my position clear.

Looks good to me but I'd state what the previous letter said and remind them of the deadline, and that settling now will avoid having to pay court costs and, at the court's discretion, 8% interest.

Thanks again caro,

I will include that and post back if you can have a look at for me.

Looks good to me but I'd state what the previous letter said and remind them of the deadline, and that settling now will avoid having to pay court costs and, at the court's discretion, 8% interest.

Is this OK caro?

I have included what you suggested.

Dear

Thank you for your email of ----- . After careful consideration of the offer you made, I regret to inform you that I will not be accepting it because of the following reasons:

• I have no plan to travel in the next 12 months.

• Your action has left me out of pocket and I would like to be re-reimbursed in cash but not in any other way.

• Even if I was planning to travel, based on the experience I had with KLM, it may take a long time to win my trust back.

In view of the above, the only option I am prepared to accept is cash refund. In the event that you choose to ignore my request, I will have no choice but to start court proceedings without further notice as stated in my previous letter. Should you choose the court route, I will also be seeking compensation, 8% interest at court's discretion and any other cost that may be associated with the claim. I hope this makes my position clear. You have seven days to respond to my letter.

Looks good to me, but see if others have any other ideas. :)

Caro,

Could you please have look at post 40 and let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot

Thanks again caro,

I will include that and post back if you can have a look at for me.

Hi Dot1

Sorry for delay, now your post#40 letter looks ok to me.

Remember to keep a copy and get proof of posting.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Many thanks stu007

In that case I will post it today.

Thank you.

Hi Dot1

Sorry for delay, now your post#40 letter looks ok to me.

Remember to keep a copy and get proof of posting.

Yes, looks good to me as well. As Stu has said, don't forget to obtain a proof of posting by way of Recorded delivery or at the very least the free proof of posting from the post office counter :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Morning Citizen,

Thanks for the feedback and it will be in the post this morning recorded delivery (sign for).

Will update as soon as there is news.

Dot

Yes, looks good to me as well. As Stu has said, don't forget to obtain a proof of posting by way of Recorded delivery or at the very least the free proof of posting from the post office counter :)