Just been suspended from work pending investigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,Just need a little guidance..Just been suspended from work for using MHE without a certificate, take you back to 3 week ago when the incident happened i had hit some racking and reported it. I have today been informed there is no record of training and well the rest is history.Since the incident i have been retrained (on a diffrent truck) and allowed to use MHE again.

I am in a team leader role and i had a bad day monday and maybe vented the wrong way and i believe this is the backlash of that. I did initially receive training last year when i was a general warehouse worker, i have never been given copies of certificates for any of the training (4 diffrent forklift trucks) . As when i joined the company it was in tatters and half of the management are now gone. Its now a case of me against the instructor hse and a manager who lets say would back each other up.

First off in the meeting he says he has only just come to it as he was on holiday, but the day of the incident he was there standing by my side. So im wondering is there a time limit on these things?. Im sure further questions will come i am currently trying to write everything down so i don't walk back into a meeting totally unprepared just like today.

Its been a big shock and to be honest i felt some tension since i had my outburst but to pull me in an office and question me over incidents from atleast 3 week ago without a word of warning i have kind of seen the other side to this place what i have been told by my team since day one. Thanks for any info.

Edited by citizenB

Sorry to hear that you have been suspended, from experience I know it is a very traumatic experience. I cant give a lot of advice, but can tell you I was recently suspended for events that had apparanelty happened up to 2 months previous. When I challenged this they said they can investigate at any time!!. However, I would have thought this would have been mentioned earlier. Do you have legal cover on your house insurance? this can be very helpful if you do.

I wish you all the best and hope it resolves itself for you.

Peggyann

have they suspended you on full pay? If not they are breaking the law so that wont be a good start for them. Next, when you received your training were you told you were now an authorised user? Even if you have the certificate unless you have been authorised by the relevant person you are not allowed to use the equipment so being able to answer this question will determine whether there is any mileage in the investigation.

How was the incident reported? to whom? again, your company will ahve a procedure and if it was adhered to the investigation cant properly go anywhere

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have been suspended with full pay, i attended a meeting on friday where the manager produced all my licenses except the one im accused of not having. Under closer inspection someone has forged my signature on 2 seperate documents both relating to one licence.

The Manager has also "authorised" my retest on the 4th of september, but he tells me in the interview that the case has only just been brought up as the day of the incident was his last day before a holiday!. The date of the incident was 2 days before this, at the minute he has pre-fabricated tat and even admitted the forged documents could indeed be my relevant licence just incorrectly filled in.

Il await the outcome meeting im guessing Monday-Tuesday!. Anyone know what i can do about the forged signatures obviously someone with access is accountable and in light of their investigation i would further like my signatures investigating and someone being made accountable.

can I go back and check the position

- You were fully trained, which you acknowledge in your first post

("I did initially receive training last year when i was a general warehouse worker, i have never been given copies of certificates for any of the training (4 diffrent forklift trucks)")

- You had an accident

- You then kicked off and swore at a manager

What exactly are you hoping to achieve here? To put them to the cost of bringing in a forensic criminologist?

What are the actual "charges" against you? Are they valid?

I'm not sure why you think you are in the right, can you make it clearer please? If you cannot do it for us, you will not be able to do it in a meeting!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

can I go back and check the position

- You were fully trained, which you acknowledge in your first post

("I did initially receive training last year when i was a general warehouse worker, i have never been given copies of certificates for any of the training (4 diffrent forklift trucks)")

- You had an accident

- You then kicked off and swore at a manager

What exactly are you hoping to achieve here? To put them to the cost of bringing in a forensic criminologist?

What are the actual "charges" against you? Are they valid?

I'm not sure why you think you are in the right, can you make it clearer please? If you cannot do it for us, you will not be able to do it in a meeting!

Sorry i will explain a little more..

I had an accident on the 2nd of september, proceedures followed accident reported!

Retrained on the 4th of september.

On the 15th i was having a bad day and vented my frustrations in admittedly an inappropriate manner. (This is a brief only for Managers and team leaders so not to public)

on the 17th i was took into the office for using MHE without certificate, the manager who is heading the investigation is the manager who was heading the afternoon brief where i had my outburst!

Sorry Emmzzi you wouldn't be the first to tell me i am useless at constructing ;)

That's weird, I'd just have had you up for attitude....

Who does the training and certification?

What does the staff handbook or MHE policy say?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Basically it is a serious breach of company policy and a sackable offence!.

I went for my follow up today and in more managerial speak they told me it was my word against the trainer an no further action taken!.

There is no answer for the 3 documents with my fraudulent signatures on, and no answer as to why i never got copies of my licences or where the the one in question went!. They have learned a lesson and will be issuing photocard licences instead of the current photocopy ones!.

Not bad for a worldwide company!!.