Vodafone - Cancelled account yet left DEFAULT ACCOUNT

Movtec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Google has bought me to this place, where i feel slight comfort as other people have been in the same boat as me.

I was once a happy vodafone customer, happily utilising a contract for 25 months or so. However, the aftermath has been a life changing nightmare. I have quoted below a letter, which i also showed the chat staff, however they were far from understanding.

Dear Sir/Madam,

In October 2011 I had taken a 24 month phone contract with yourselves. On November 30th 2013, I had written you a letter served by post giving yourselves a 30 day notice to cancel the contract, as per our terms and agreement.

I had noticed that the policy had not been cancelled in January, hence wrote to you again to make you aware that the policy had been cancelled and you had unrightfully charged me for an extra month. I had then cancelled my direct debit plans with yourselves.

I am disappointed to see that after checking my credit score recently with a major credit reference agency, I see for this contract you have marked my rating with 3 late payments and a default account between the months of February to May 2014. This has caused myself great stress lately, and fully tarnished my perfect credit score.

I believe I fully satisfied our agreement previously by serving you a written cancellation notice by post and thus believe Vodafone has made a mistake on this occasion. My previous 25 month payment history shows perfect and on time payments with yourselves, with no hiccups. And after November the phone contract was never used as your records will show.

In order to satisfy this matter I would want the default account and late payment records FULLY removed from any credit reference agency records by yourselves within the next 10 working days. I would also like proof off this solution too. Putting me back in the same credit history position prior to this issue.

This will be my final attempt in contacting you as I have co-operated fully and legally within our agreement.

Yours faithfully

I tried my luck with vodafone live chat, but have only been left further stressed due to the un-cooperative staff. They are persistant that they didnt recieve a cancellation letter and are asking for proof of postage. However, their is no proof as it was sent via a stamped envelope in a letter box.

Could anybody please shine some light to this matter? What would be the best coarse of action? I hope Lee from vodafone stumbles upon this..

Thank you

If you would like to follow the instructions below and post up the reference you will be given in this thread, then Lee, the CAG Vodafone Rep will look in on you as soon as he sees it.

We here at CAG have a very successful Vodafone Rep operating here

W advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line. Please also provide a link to or the title of your thread in order to speed things up.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to you as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a while, so time for an update.

I sent a written letter to 3 Vodafone address, the letter as of below. To date i have had no response to this letter, yet instead vodafone sent me out a notice of default letter.

Dear Sir/Madam,

In October 2011 I had taken a 24 month phone contract with yourselves. On November 30th 2013, I had written you a letter served by post giving yourselves a 30 day notice to cancel the contract, as per our terms and agreement.

I had noticed that the policy had not been cancelled in January, hence I wrote to you again to make you aware that the policy had been cancelled and you had unrightfully charged me for an extra month. I had then cancelled my direct debit plans with yourselves.

I am disappointed to see that after checking my credit score recently with a major credit reference agency, I see for this contract you have marked my rating with 3 late payments and a default account between the months of February to May 2014. This has caused myself great stress lately, and fully tarnished my perfect credit score.

I believe I fully satisfied our agreement previously by serving you a written cancellation notice by post and thus believe Vodafone has made a mistake on this occasion. My previous 25 month payment history shows perfect and on time payments with yourselves, with no hiccups. And after November the phone contract was never used as your records will show.

In order to satisfy this matter I would want the default account and late payment records FULLY removed from any credit reference agency records by yourselves within the next 10 working days. I would also like proof off this solution too. Putting me back in the same credit history position prior to this issue.

This will be my final attempt in contacting you as I have co-operated fully and legally within our agreement. I have referenced the ‘Interpretation Act 1978 – Section 7’ below, which I will use as my defence if this matter is to go through the English court or the Ombudsman.

Interpretation act 1978 – section 7:

Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression “serve” or the expression “give” or “send” or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document and, unless the contrary is proved, to have been effected at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.

Yours faithfully

I have recieved a reply by email from Lee from vodafone, via this topic.

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've checked your account and can confirm that there's no record of us receiving your previous cancellation letters.

After you cancelled your Direct Debit in November 2013, we wrote to you on 3 January and 27 March about the overdue balance on your account. As we received no payment or reply from you, the account was referred to a debt collection agency on 10 April and a default was recorded against your credit file.

As the default has been recorded correctly, we're unable to remove it. However, once payment of the balance of £142.91 (inc. VAT) has been made, we'll be able to close your account and mark the default as satisfied.

Payment can be made via BACS to the following bank details:

• Sort code 20-00-00
  • Account number 30830208

To make sure the payment reaches us, please quote your account number 684867814/00001 and name as a reference.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

He mentions me cancelling the direct debit in november, however, my payments and history show that it was actually cancelled by myself in january. They also mention that they have no record off recieving a cancellation letter from myself, or any letter for that reason. I see Lee did not take any notice of putting the facts together, as he should be clearly able to see that the account in question was not used since november anyway. They hav'nt responded to my recent letters either.

I will forward one final letter to vodafone, prior to taking legal action. Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks