Served with an N39 Order to Attend Court Form Welcome Finance

GBO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Really hope for some advise here, I have today when I was working from home very unexpectedly been served with an N39 form.

I had taken a loan from Welcome Finance in 2008 as a much younger man,

then through a series of circumstances moved away and failed to keep up repayments on the unsecured loan.

It had not even crossed my mind until last year when (this is important as i would like to have had the judgement set aside)

I was served totally out of the blue with a CCJ,

the hearing had been and gone and I had no and I mean no awareness of it what so ever.

Then today I have been served with the N39 and much attend court to go through my finances.

I am in a position to pay the order, despite my own personal feelings on it.

However I have no idea, how where or whom to pay

the address on the court order provided for Welcome Finance is for the company that is now in default and no longer exists.

I presume I should write, recorded to them asking for payment options etc..

. Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Many Thanks

When was the Judgment awarded ? Do you know if it was Welcome who were the claimant or had the account been assigned to a 3rd party ?

Do you know when in 2008 you ceased payments - it is likely the debt had become statute barred prior to the original claim being issued - in which case you could possibly have a reason to have the Judgment set aside.

I will flag your post for others on the site team who know about these things :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you did not inform Welcome of a change of address, it is unlikely you will be able to get a set aside. All the details of the claim should be on the N39 form.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Thankyou for all of your replies here, it is Welcome Financial Services who have brought the claim.

I remain shocked that you can raise a CCJ with no previous instruction or offer to settle etc...

Anyway I have wrote to Welcome asking them to confirm all of the details and to what the matter relates, clearly its complicated by the fact they are no longer a trading company in the form that I know.

The advice from the clerk at the Court was to attend for questioning however ensure I have documented all my attempts to contact them.

Seems strange to me that no payment details are provided