littlewoods fauty item ***Resolved***

kirbyfaye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wonder if anyone can help me.

my son bought a galaxy s3 tablet in july,

it developed faults,

was returned and the repair company asked me what was wrong with it, they hadn't even looked at it.

It was then returned to me with a lose casing,

I returned it, only for it to be returned to me again today still faulty.

They have said they wont refund the item and they have upheld their sale of goods act and will not refund the item.

does anyone know where we stand on it as the item is faulty but they wont have any of it even though THEY'VE said it was faulty!

Ha ha ha,

How utterly puerile, who sent that name and shame!

Start their complaints procedure, if they have one and exhaust it, that is the worst customer service I've heard this week!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi kirby

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (purchased tablet in July - developed fault), how they have let you down (they returned it without repairing the fault, it has also been returned damaged - loose casing) and what you want them to do (replace or refund).

Send it to:-

Mr Alex Baldock

Chief Executive

Shop Direct

[email protected]

Let us know what they say.

yep conniff.

was bought through a credit account from Littlewoods

Item was sent back to Littlewoods and they passed it onto a third party repair company

The repair company returned it to me asking what was wrong with it, they didn't even test it

Was returned with the casing lose on it and still on going faults that were reported n the first place

Now they say if I just return it, they will keep it for 6 weeks and then destroy it and he still has to pay for it

You have no dealing with the repair company whatsoever, all your dealing is with Littlewoods.

I would email Littlewoods customer service and tell them the tablet has been returned with the fault still present and they refuse to repair it. Ask Littlewoods the address to send it back to them. I know it has the address etc on the slip, but asking will show you want them to deal with it as is their responsibility.

If they wish to send it to a third party for repair, that is up to them.

ive told them all that Conniff, said my point of sale is with them and not a third party repair company, but they wont have any of it, they just repeat 'if you send it back we'll hold it and destroy it and you still have to pay for it, because we've repaired it'

even though I got an email from them saying it was still faulty!

I emailed them and asked them for a returns address the first time and they refused to give me it or even send a new returns label, so I sorted it myself and returned it and its just carried on like this for weeks now

Now they say if I just return it, they will keep it for 6 weeks and then destroy it and he still has to pay for it

Then you can issue a small claim against them via the small-claims track and recover your costs, the arrgoance of some companies knows no bounds!

I am truly gobsmacked......

A very loud complaint defo needs to be made...

Get onto your local trading standards now then, if littlewoods have washed their hands of it, escalate it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Make sure you keep that email.

ive told them all that Conniff, said my point of sale is with them and not a third party repair company, but they wont have any of it, they just repeat 'if you send it back we'll hold it and destroy it and you still have to pay for it, because we've repaired it'

even though I got an email from them saying it was still faulty!

I emailed them and asked them for a returns address the first time and they refused to give me it or even send a new returns label, so I sorted it myself and returned it and its just carried on like this for weeks now

Then you tell them they have one last chance to adhere to the Sale of Goods Act or you will take it to be repaired locally and send them the bill. Failure to pay that bill will result in court action being taken.

Also mention that you will report them.

Just a little update after I emailed the ceo alex baldock.. This is what I received earlier,

Please accept this as a formal receipt on behalf of Shop Direct. Your complaint has been allocated to the Executive Team who are responsible for all correspondence addressed to our Executive Directors.

Your case will now be assigned to a member of this Executive Team who will conduct a comprehensive investigation into your request and will conact you in due course to provide an update.

so fingers crossed it can now be sorted out!

thanks for all your help today, its very much appreciated

just remember this is HP

so its still theirs

and as such is on credit so 'you' wont get any refund?

I take it this is a catalogue account?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In relation to the comments made about Trading Standards they are aware of our processes and we are more that willing to work with them on any matter should they contact us directly. *

I feel that there was some miscommunication in relation to your inspection and repair as*a result of the letter that you received from*D&J Henry. On this occasion only I will agree to*the tablet being returned for full credit. I have arranged a collection for the*tablet please ensure that all parts received with the tablet are returned