£3956 worth of CCJs, the oldest of which is 3 years. help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have done a credit check this morning to see if I am getting any better and I saw 3 CCJs (see below)

I wasn't aware of these, although I do believe from the amount the first 2 are college fees that I didn't pay.

my question is how I go about dealing with them now.

thanks in advance

Judgment date

28/11/2013

Amount

£ 1,070

Court name

County Court Money Claims Centre

Judgment date 10/09/2012

Amount

£ 1,895

Court name

County Court Money Claims Centre

Judgment date 02/03/2012

Amount

£ 991

Court name

Scunthorpe

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Well you could get hold of the court claim paperwork from the court and check to see what information has been used to gain the CCJ.

The first two are from the Northampton bulk centre who deal with claims made online and the third looks to be from another court. Nothampton court contact numbers 0300 123 1057/ 01604 619402.

There is an official way of getting the courts to provide the court claim paperwork, but this means a fee of £11 per CCJ. So you could just phone the court and see whether you can get hold of it, without having to pay a fee. ( if you are on benefits or low income, you may be exempt from paying the fee). The CPR rule for getting a court to provide documents is 5.4 and you would just quote this when making a request in writing.

Once you have the details, if you do owe the debts, it would then be wise to come to an arrangement with the claimant creditors to pay the CCJ's A CCJ which are paying back, is better than a CCJ you are not paying. They can take further enforcement actions, which I am sure you would want to avoid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you feel the debts are not correct and you never received paperwork regarding the claims others may advise you to apply for set asides so you can defend the claims.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

If you feel the debts are not correct and you never received paperwork regarding the claims others may advise you to apply for set asides so you can defend the claims.

Yes it is possible to apply for a set aside, if there was an issue with the court claim. Unfortunately, you cannot just apply to set aside a CCJ, based on the court claim being sent to an old address, if you never informed creditors of your new address.

There is a court fee of £155 for applying for a set aside, though you may be able to apply for exemption if on benefits/low income.

The first step is getting hold of the court claim paperwork and then to post back here for further advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys, I applied to have one set aside but I didn't fill the fee remission form in, the court has sent me this form and I have a quick question regarding one of the questions.

it askes if I have any financially dependednt children and reading the notes im unsure.

Basically I have a 6 year old son whom I pay maintenance for monthly not via csa it is an agreement between me and his mum) so reading the form it says I do have a child who is dependent on me (I think)

secondly it asks for evidence of the child. I pay his maintence via cash into her bank (over the counter) but I do have receipts

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

Turns out I would have to pay £130 application fee due to my wage, meaning I would have to pay £390 (3 CCJs) without guarantee they would be set aside.

So I have £3956 worth of CCJs, the oldest of which is 3 years.

My question is this, where should I go from here as I don't want to wat another 3-4 years for them to fall of my file. I need to improve my credit rating so should I try to start paying these back?

Thanks in advance

They're going to be in there for 6 years anyway unless you get them set aside. Paying won't remove them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks mate,

I don't wanna spend £390 on the fees with a 50 50 chance of them being removed.

Stupid question maybe but does it make any difference if they are marked as satisfied or active on my file?

Im thinking I'll just leave them as they are if there will be no benefit from paying them.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Thanks mate,

Im just trying to clean my credit report up, got a very poor rating on experian. defaults etc and these CCJs

Defaults are coming towards 4-6 years so ill wait them out.

CCJs is the issue so your help is appreciated.

Thanks all

• 2 months later...

Having checked our records we confirm that the Judgment made against you is dated 16th March 2012 for the sum of £991.74.

By reference to the Civil Procedure Rules you are now out of time to apply to the court to have this Judgment set aside. As such the same shall remain on your credit profile for a minimum term of 6 years. To alter the position regarding the Judgment you would have to satisfy the same in full by paying to us the sum due. You would then be entitled to ask the court to provide you with a certificate of satisfaction for a nominal fee of £15.00. It will then be noted on your credit profile that this Judgment has been satisfied in full.

We now propose that you enter into a repayment plan with us and would be seeking a monthly contribution of £50.00 until the full amount if paid. Alternatively, please provide us with your repayment proposals for consideration.

Starting to get some info.