Previous Employer Cost Me My New Job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any advice any one ca offer.

I have had some trouble with my previous employer whereby they ended up offering a settlement agreement rather than taking me down a disciplinary route. basically the crux of the agreement is that my employment ended at end of august with payout in september.

i was told i was free to seek other employment whilst they sort out the legal paper work. i got my self a new job but aspects of it could have ended up in direct relation to the reason i was investigated in the previous role so i had to divulge information regarding that.

my new employer repeatedly tried to contact my previous employer attempting to gather information about how things were resolved and to confirm my version of events. my new employer was promised a few times a day for 3 days to provide the information requested but never provided it. As a result, my new employer stated that as they coudnt confirm my version of events and the fact that my previous employer refused to answer their queries, tthey withdrew their offer of employment.

My question is, where do i stand legally with this. I have been offered a settlement but have not yet signed any paperwork. they have refused to provide a satisfactory reference to my new employer (part of the agreement) and as a result i lost that job. i am now currently unemployed due to the fact i have lost that job and as part of the settlement my contract was to end at the end of august. I have still not received any pay out and my union rep has even asked for an extension to the termination date given the delays by my previous employers thus far.

is there anything that i can do in terms of how i am being treated by my previous employer and the fact that they have cost me a perfectly good job?

If they are delyaing could you not agree the terms of a factual reference?

When I went through the employment tribunal I made dam sure a reference was agreed. It was a factual reference nothing more. It was made part of the settlement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

no dismissal letter + no settlement agreement = still employed. Turn up for work. Ask for wages as usual.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!