16-18 apprenticeships....help :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ... my 16 yr old daughter has just started an apprenticeship she works 38 hrs each week and travels 2+ hrs a day to get there and back and will get £95.00 +£10.00 towards her travel...i was just wondering well hoping really if anyone knows if there is any other things she could claim for, ie...her bus ticket is £20 pw (she will only actually have to put £10 towards this, leaving her just £85pw) but she will still have to pay dentist and prescription charges... and as she is an apprentice i am no longer getting child benifit for her...so she will have to start paying towards her keep.

If she was at college learning then she would get a free bus pass...frees dentist and prescriptions ..i would get child benifit and tax credits and she could also get a job ...just doesnt make sense to me. x

hi ... my 16 yr old daughter has just started an apprenticeship

she works 38 hrs each week and travels 2+ hrs a day to get there and back

and she will get £95.00 +£10.00 towards her travel...

i was just wondering well hoping really if anyone knows if there is any other things she could claim for,

ie...her bus ticket is £20 pw (she will only actually have to put £10 towards this, leaving her just £85pw)

but she will still have to pay dentist and prescription charges...

as she is an apprentice i am no longer getting child benifit for her...so she will have to start paying towards her keep.

If she was at college learning then she would get a free bus pass...frees dentist and prescriptions ..

i would get child benifit and tax credits and she could also get a job ...

just doesnt make sense to me. x

hi ... my 16 yr old daughter has just started an apprenticeship

she works 38 hrs each week and travels 2+ hrs a day to get there and back

and she will get £95.00 +£10.00 towards her travel...

i was just wondering well hoping really if anyone knows if there is any other things she could claim for,

ie...her bus ticket is £20 pw (she will only actually have to put £10 towards this, leaving her just £85pw)

but she will still have to pay dentist and prescription charges...

as she is an apprentice i am no longer getting child benifit for her...so she will have to start paying towards her keep.

If she was at college learning then she would get a free bus pass...frees dentist and prescriptions ..

i would get child benifit and tax credits and she could also get a job ...

just doesnt make sense to me. x

Hi,

Apologies as I can't be of much help to you.

I just wondered though what the job is? I'm in my mid thirties myself and I worked throughout almost my whole teenage life in various jobs. Was paid £1.70/hour when I was thirteen but had decent jobs from 15 to 18 and was paid a reasonable wage - about £3.30 an hour and this was in the mid 90s. I just imagine that these jobs would now be apprenticeships and paid poorly.

It does my head in. I'm told there are 1.8 million of these 'apprenticeships'.. How does the government expect young people to live on £2.50 ish an hour? I even had holiday pay from the job I worked at 16 and I was doing A levels at the time too.