style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I unfortunately got a couple of tickets in my partners vehicle. She's been away for the past 6 weeks and hasn't been able to deal with the letters that have come in and have now received 2 notices of enforcement from Newlyn stating that we need to pay a total of around £350 or items will be taken from our home.

After reading tons of stuff on these guys I'm worried about my situation and what I can do.

I rang Newlyn today to set up a payment arrangement. They said I would have to pay 50% of the debt today and the other 50% of the debt by the end of the month, money I just don't have. I offered to pay £50 a month until the debt is cleared but to no avail.

I want to pay off my debt but am not able to pay it off completely and now I'm worried our vehicle will be clamped or items taken. Without my vehicle we cannot work.

I just want to know if there is anything I'm able to do to get out of this immediate situation.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis

Which local authority is this for as I am surprised at the short repayment terms being offered? Offering a payment of £50 against a debt of £350 will not be generally accepted as this would mean that it would take 7 months to pay back. Most local authorities allow a payment proposal over 3 months and some as much as 6 months.

It's not the council that's chasing me now but Newlyn. When I made the £50 offer I did ask what is the minimum they would accept and they mentioned the above. I would need to pay half the debt up front and the other at the end of the month, which is something I just cannot afford right now.

Sorry if I forgot to mention that this is for 2 tickets, not just 1. So 2 separate debts of around £160. Which they put into a total debt.

Sorry for the confusion. I am aware that the debt is now with Newlyn but I was interested to know which local authority have instructed Newlyn as most LA' that I know of allow their bailiff provider to accept a payment proposal over 3 months (or even slightly more in some cases). My personal view is that you will struggle to get a proposal accepted over more than 3 months (which will mean you would need to pay £120 per month).