Employment Tribunal Form wording- help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I am currently filling in my ET1 form which needs to be done in next week - ahhhh the stress of it!!

My case is very long but involves disability discrimination - stress anxiety and bullying and migraines and constructive unfair dismissal (last straw) and breaches of contract and failure to follow grievance procedures etc etc

How do I word this on the form? - do I just say I was discriminated at each of the points I feel I was even though some are back in time although all part of same

Sorry for the lack of detail but too long to explain all.

Also ref teachers pay and failure to give a pay rise for five years even though in contract is a breach of contract but how would this be worded?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi there, if you feel your case is complicated you should try and get some professional advice on completing the ET1 - if you have legal cover with your house insurance give them a ring and they will put you in touch with a solicitor, the fees will be covered by your insurer.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Do not be misled into thinking this is a simple form and that you will be able to provide all the details later. The part which describes the nature of your claim needs to be completed in full detail (my understanding is that it is often attached as a separate document).

You will need to separately itemise each different type of claim you are making.

If you are bringing a breach of contract claim in there, you will have to explain what specific term of your contract has been breached (quote the specific clause).

It really is worth getting this right before you file, otherwise it will cause you a headache when the other side applies to have you struck out. Have a look at templates on the internet for this and try to seek advice.

Not the strict three-months-minus-one-day from the date of dismissal deadline to bring a claim. You've got to make sure you know what the deadlines are and do not miss them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi there

Before you can submit a claim, you must now go through mandatory conciliation with ACAS. This does "pause" the limitation clock of three months, as long as you start the early conciliation process within those three months. You need an EC number to put on the claim form.

As above, for the purpose of the ET1, you should include details of all the claims you are intending to bring (and make sure you tick the right boxes!). You can submit a separate particulars of claim document if the ET1 isn't large enough. But you can't do that if you're intending to submit the claim online, so you would have to submit it by post or by hand.

As a lay person the tribunal won't expect your ET1 to be perfect - just word it as you have here and ensure you tick the right boxes and they will help you out a little along the way.

Thanks for all your good advice, it has been really helpful, and I will I think need to get some urgent legal advice about how to word it = already told have V good case by solicitor but due to changing House insurance companies problem with funds at moment and don;t want to pay out too much so prepared to do alone.

One very minor thing though that intrigues me but I have looked everywhere for and cannot find an answer is if senior manager sends an email and implies a misuse of public funds that is totally false and obviously just used to intimidate me - is this any breach at all - in context documented disabled due to stress anxiety and depression etc As I say minor in overall scheme..