Hit.. stopped.. ran!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yesterday, I spent most of the evening driving around to catch more info about the guy and filing a police report

I got hit by a lorry... he drove off..

i followed and parked in front of him alerting him he had hit me.

. he pulled over, started to get aggressive, wouldnt exchange details, swore a lot and so i backed off for my own safety.

I took a photo of his truck and my damage and went to the police.

I filed the report - but they will only help if the insurance company need the info - the damage isnt worth my excess

I have the drivers partial reg, the company details name and address of the company.

Can i send them an invoice stating it would be quicker than going to court?

At the end of the day he hit and drove off... in a company lorry, which is silly because I can always track them down. They're scaffolding people working on the building a lane before where i got hit

well, the police should have taken more details for teh fsilure to stop and report and threatening behaviour but I suspect that as you were on your own it would get nowhere with your word against theirs.

Best get the CAD number and then tell the company that you are after their paying up for the damage.

Leaving the scene of a rta without exchanging details it's a criminal offence I think.

You should have called the police there and then.

Now as Eric said, it's your word against theirs so the only solution is to write to the company and hope they cough up

Yep, called the police straight away. They told me to go to the police station and fill out a form, which I did.

3 witnesses, so not entirely my word against theres, why should they get the upper hand of innocent unless proven when they stopped and the accident was seen by 3 pairs of eyes

Yep, called the police straight away. They told me to go to the police station and fill out a form, which I did.

3 witnesses, so not entirely my word against theres, why should they get the upper hand of innocent unless proven when they stopped and the accident was seen by 3 pairs of eyes

WHAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!

They told you to go to the police station and fill a form?

What about getting a local panda to get the offender?

I would complain to the ipcc pointing out that if someone left a rta involving them, there must be a reason; I.e. No licence, drink driving, no insurance, dangerous vehicle, drugs or arms on board etc.

The answer they gave you is unacceptable.

The fact you have independent witnesses is good news.

After you sort things out with the insurance go back to the police station and at all costs press charges

• 2 weeks later...

WHAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!

They told you to go to the police station and fill a form?

What about getting a local panda to get the offender?

I would complain to the ipcc pointing out that if someone left a rta involving them, there must be a reason; I.e. No licence, drink driving, no insurance, dangerous vehicle, drugs or arms on board etc.

The answer they gave you is unacceptable.

The fact you have independent witnesses is good news.

After you sort things out with the insurance go back to the police station and at all costs press charges

And they would have turned up, if i was injured - i wasnt - and so they said its a failure to stop offence which is done via admin and insurance channels

• 2 months later...

Ok so frustratingly the company i THOUGHT it was, have confirmed its not their company. The one i now THINK it is asking more questions about me before confirming ownership. Next point of call? I dont want to go through my insurer as the excess outweighs the cost. Im thinking DVLA v888 form then send a letter -i just want to keep my identity safe as the guy was a right yobo

Do I demand they pay cash or can i get the cash off their insurer? Or is insurance just insurer to insurer?

I got hit a few years back by a newly qualified driver - Sent her a short letter stating that I held her liable for damages and required details of her insurers within fourteen days. Three weeks later, I issued a writ via the small claims court for the cost of repairs as I had not received a response. Exchanged a couple of letters with solicitors (presumably acting on behalf of her insurer), and they paid up in full. Notified my insurance company that I had made a claim and it had been settled in full.

You can make a claim against the driver without involving your insurer, but at some point, he will find out who you are. If he comes knocking at your door making threats, call the police immediately.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.