Bus Lane Fine - North Hill, Colchester issued by Essex County Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a fine from Essex County Council for going up a bus lane at North Hill in Colchester and got a nice couple of pictures showing my car in the area.

Not living in Colchester and following a Sat Nav i was not aware that i could not head up the road and a couple of other cars also drove up the road, so i presume they got a ticket as well.

I've been back to the road and it is marked out on the road as a bus lane both on the road and there are signs at the start of it, however there is nothing to mention at what time the bus lane is active. I got 'caught' at 3.15pm on a Sunday afternoon - of which my presumption with other cars heading up the road that it was ok to do so, add that there are no signs to show when the lane is active.

Looking online it appears that the lanes are active 24/7. Something I had to research to find out.

My question is, the fact that I do not live in Colchester, could not see any signs to show time of operation and other cars were heading up this road - is an appeal likely to be upheld? Do they have to show times of operation to make the ticket legit? Also has anyone else had a ticket from here and if they can share their experience?

Thanks in advance.

visit pepipoo and advise of your problem.

however if your going to use your satnav as your defence you have already lost. Imagine this scenario you are driving by the sat nav and go the wrong way down a 1 way street because your satnav said so. Police wouldn't care and technically your sort of driving without due care and attention as you have failed to notice.

Bus lanes usually have it written on the ground and some have a sign saying bus lane. The only time you can drive in them is if there is a sign specifically advising or a sign saying bus lane suspended.

Sorry bud just pay up.