N-Power - Strong case?

Adenchik
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. Hope I'll be of some help to people in the future.

Nevertheless, I have a question. But before the latter,

here is my story:

We bought a flat and called up N-Power to inform them that we were the new tenants and

told them to continue providing our property with both gas and electricity for the time being until we settle and compare the prices thoroughly.

In the early October 2013, our boiler broke down and

on the 16th of October 2013 we found someone who could fit a new boiler for us.

There were three people all together (one was an installer, one was a gas engineer and one was an electric engineer);

before installing the boiler, the two engineers had to switch off the gas from the outside as they had to weld the new pipes, etc.

Upon going outside they have discovered that the gas meter which was labelled with my flat number was incorrectly marked,

they explained to me that my gas meter seems to be the box marked with flat number 10.

They told me that they would need to work with fire in order to mend some pipes

and thus switching off the correct gas pipe was a vital procedure.

We did some tests.

When they switched off the gas meter marked with No.19, nothing happened and gas still went through to our property.

When they switched off the box marked as No.10, our gas switched off completely.

They also showed me how the three boxes had their own pipes that were connected to three different floors;

and how box No.10's pipe went right to my kitchen on the 2nd floor; very obvious.

After installing the boiler I called N-Power the same evening in order to inform them of the situation; that was on 16th October 2013.

The lady who I spoke to advised me that our property was most likely cross labelled and that it is a common mistake.

She booked an engineer for an assessment of our meter box and so I can start being charged the correct price based on my actual usage;

I provided N-Power with the meter reading for box No.10 on that day.

Long story short, an engineer never came and I was lied to.

Then the manager has rebooked the engineer for the 16th of January 2014,

and I told him that I wish to see and speak to an engineer so that we can test our gas the same way we tested it with the gas boiler engineers;

N-Power advised me that the engineer will have my mobile in case he wishes to contact me for further testing.

The appointment date has gone, I got no notification at all and never saw any engineer.

I waited until the 3rd of February and N-Power has not even sent me a letter to say sorry or to ring me and ask if everything has been sorted.

I called them on that day.

They informed me that an engineer attended the property.

I got so angry and frustrated.

The advisor told me that they need to take some payment from me as the sum is adding up.

I told him, what sum?

They do not even have an idea of what I am using.

The advisor informed me that I should pay for box No.19;

I argued this point as I did not want to pay for someone else's usage,

so he proceeded to say that they would need to charge me a standard price of £190-£240 until they sort out the problem

and then they would reimburse me the difference back; I obviously rejected this amazing offer.

The guy who I spoke to said that an engineer came, did all the tests and said that the box which is marked with No.19 is the correct box.

I do not believe that an engineer attended the property;

this was confirmed when I called up in the end of April and/or beginning of May to get some dates for my record.

Furthermore, I had to speak to a manager and we got to a conclusion that I won't pay for their services (both electricity and gas)

until N-Power sorts out my problem;

my complaint was escalated to a different department who deals with serious complaints.

On the 1st of April of 2014,

I received a letter from them saying that they are working hard to help me.

I know that these are just automated letters sent out to make people shut up.

It's now 1st of September 2014. I have lost my faith in N-Power and no longer willing to pay them a penny;

I wish to move to a different energy provider.

I can confidently say that this is and was the worst customer service I have ever received in my entire life,

and in the future life if I am reincarnated.

Shall I go to a small claims court with the above information?

What could I claim for?

I mean, stress, frustration; that won't help a lot would it?

I want my bills to be abolished and I wish to move on to a different provider.

I contacted the ombudsmen in May, and they're still dealing with my case.

Any advice guys?

So why are the Ombudsman taking so long to sort this out ? I would have thought at the very least there was some danger in having these boxes mis labelled ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

have you throughout this period been taking regular readings?

I would be offering 'some payment'

to npower

as you owe 'something'

its not a good idea to purposefully withhold 'all' payment.

they are quite within their right to get 'something' from you.

your readings evidence will in the end, prove you point.

it shouldn't ne too diff to workout what you owe yourself

and pay 'something'.

that will go miles toward your 'case'

you can switch with upto £500 'debt' now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have offered them some payments a couple of times, including this month. The ombudsmen takes up to 10 weeks to sort out a complaint. They have called me the other day (N-Power) and asked for pictures of my meter box; I sent them as I don't care and it's not a big fuss; however waiting for 11 months and knowing that your complaint us unresolved to this day is unbelievable!

I will pay a lesser sum as my gas and electricity is with the same company. They don't know what I owe them, idiots... Today, they tried to tell me that it's not their fault that this has been going on for so long, and is the fault of my meter provider as their details and the details N-Power holds are identical.

Any more thoughts about the matter?