Terminated EE Contract

JasonAnt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Maybe you can help me here.

I received a DCA letter on Saturday giving me till the 4th to contact them to arrange a payment plan.

This debt is from a phone contract (EE) I terminated early (#396) as Orange (who I signed with NOT EE) were charging me over the odds for a phone that had been off for three months. So I cancelled the contract.

I'm being threatened that if I don't reply to Moorcroft they MAY take further action.

What's the best way to go about this?

Regards

No the phone was purchased before hand.

I'm not trying to get out of paying the fee.

However ... the point I was making is my standard bill was £40, I hadn't used the phone for 3 months so there was NO additional charges; yet each month the bill was around £70.

I cancelled the contract as 2 complaints to Orange didn't resolve this. Is it not EE themselves in breach of contract?

I wasn't receiving bills.

They were going to my old address as they still hadn't been updated on the system.

Only have they recently updated details as I emailed executive.office[at]ee.co.uk and received a reply from I'll assume a PA. (Didn't seem like a CS rep).

So the first letter I've received is Moorcroft's.

Simply send Moorcr@p a very short sweet letter.

Dear Bill&Ben,

I refer to your letter dated dd/mm/yyyy the contents of which have been noted.

This account is in serious dispute with the original creditor who have failed to address the matter.

I will not enter into any further protracted correspondence with yourselves, all further correspondence will be regarded and reported as harassment,

Regards.

Then get straight onto EE's complaints process, and exhaust it, deal direct with them, ignore Moorcr@p, if EE claim there is nothing they can do,

demand they put it in writing so you can escalate the complaint further.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well ... I probably did a stupid thing and called Moorcr@p. (And recorded)

Guy on phone said "The debt you owe is £xxx.xx and that payment is due in full today."

Me: "Not possible."

Lance: "What we can do is split it up into four payments at £90+ per month."

Me: "Not possible."

Lance: "Well, you see the account is due in full let me look at your file ... *READS OUT WRONG REFERENCE NUMBER* ..." Then my phone died and hasn't come back on since.

I'm going to advise that I'm dealing directly with Orange. Or as it is now EE. (Which when I come to think of it ... I signed a contract with Orange not with EE. Is it still enforceable?)

I can understand though (by the way that the bloke on the phone spoke to me) that many people would feel intimidated by them.

Just deal direct with EE, and preferably in writing or email.

Ignore Moorcr@p, they know naff all about naff all, a perfectly useless clown outfit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!