Train fair fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, Around a year ago I didn't purchase a ticket on the train, the conductor said they would send me a payment form which I never recieved and just forgot about. Today I look in the paper and see my name saying : A man who failed to pay his £5.10 rail fare between has found himself £595 out of pocket. "" was found guilty in his absence at Magistrates’ Court and must pay a £400 fine, £5.10 compensation, a £40 surcharge and £150 costs.. I didn't recieve any warning letters and now I have no idea what I need to do! any advice would be brilliant TIA

Hi,

I've moved this thread to the Transport Forum, hopefully you will get some advice shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello, Around a year ago I didn't purchase a ticket on the train, the conductor said they would send me a payment form which I never recieved and just forgot about. Today I look in the paper and see my name saying : A man who failed to pay his £5.10 rail fare between has found himself £595 out of pocket. "" was found guilty in his absence at Magistrates’ Court and must pay a £400 fine, £5.10 compensation, a £40 surcharge and £150 costs.. I didn't recieve any warning letters and now I have no idea what I need to do! any advice would be brilliant TIA

For reference http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1900893

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

As I've said at the other place....

I agree we need more details on this one. A Guard would have issued some form of paperwork if it was a UFN, same as if it was a PF.

Amy, if you genuinely had no knowledge of proceedings, you need to start making some phone calls and find out what's going on. Bearing in mind you have NO knowledge of any proceedings, I'd first contact the train company concerned to see what happened, as I'm assuming you're unaware which court heard the case? If you know which court it was, you need to go to them and ask to fill out a Statutory Declaration. This will re-open the case and is intended for such situations whereby a defendant is unaware of a case going to court.

It's strange for a case to get this far without the defendant knowing anything about it. You should check with the court that they have your correct details too, because as you've only heard from this from a news paper, I'm assuming you've not had the official outcome from the court and thus could also be in arrears there too.

Bit of a stab in the dark, but how common is your name (I'm kind of assuming you're not actually an Amy as the article said about a man....Unless you really are mistaken! :)), and could you be confused with what you've read and are panicking unnecessarily?