• Tweets

• DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
    • Npower and Scottish Power and others have always had regulations that require them to treat customers fairly - the threads here and my experiences demonstrate that those regs are little more than useless.   Even Octopus recently spent month after month saying they needed to increase my monthly payments despite my credit balance slowly going up TWICE I had to reset it online back to prior payment as they unilaterally increased it unilaterally. Raised formal complaint and they than said i was paying too much and reduced the payment, again without my agreement, although that time at least they told me they were doing it.   .. and Octopus has been one of the better ones.    
    • Thank you. You left all your personal details showing on the invoice, but I've removed them. From Googling it seems the free parking is limited to one hour.  You stayed two.  There is no point appealing, you did overstay.  That's apart from the fact the private parking companies are just interested in £££££ and never accept appeals. We have other Iceland cases, Iceland as a company refuse to have these invoices cancelled. So it's up to you. Pay £51 and the matter goes away. Or refuse to pay.  Horizon very rarely do court.  We would support you all the way. 
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LLOyds/TSB PPI REclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.:wave: have come back on here after a few years as I got SO MUCH hep in my time of need:smile:

Story is

I had account with TSB since I left school (now 45:|)

Both hubby and I had accounts (in sole names) and loans/CC etc with no probs so much so we had great credit

Long story short

we needed a 2nd car as I was pregnant in 2004 and wanted to clear credit card and buy new car

applied for loan in my name for 10K.

Both of us had good jobs and covered for sick pay.

Loan taken out in branch and PPI discussed.

I asked if it covered maternity leave/pay as i was just pregnant at time and told NO it didn't

I said that no point.

Bank rep checked and told me it was condition of loan that PPI was taken out

(he even got me to sign a doc that said that)

Baby born and husband does one.

This is 2005 and I carry on paying loan but also had credit cards x 2 10k and 5 k both with ppi on them.

2007 i am struggling as TSB automatically taking out over 700 per month to cover loan/credit cards.

At this point my credit was still good

changed bank and arranged for DD for loan to TSB to be taken out of new account .

They refused and have letter from new bank to confirm this!!

OS loan was 4k and as advised on here I made claim for O/D and late payment fees etc which TSB upheld and paid off o/s loan

I have a statement from them confirming this.

I have now got my life back in order and am going to put a claim in for PPI

but not sure if the credit cards (no default but sold and got random letters until about 8 months ago.

which never responded to)

Did sar in 2008 for loans and credit cards.

Should I just consider myself "debt free" or go for them.

ladyh, you had two threads in respect of the same issue - I have merged them into one.

What do you want help/advice with.. reclaiming PPI ?

If this was mis sold then you have every right to reclaim it and should certainly do so. You will need either statements in respect of credit cards and if you have the original contracts for the personal loan, that would be great.

If you don't have these, then you should send Subject Access Request to the original creditors - if you have more than one account with the one creditor, then you would just need to send one SAR .

They have 40 days to comply with your request and it will cost you £10.00 - I suggest you send the request(s) by recorded delivery.

If the accounts are still live and with the original creditors and there is any arrears - then they could offset any PPI/Charges claim against the arrears.. but only the arrears, any balance would come to you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

Once you have the information by way of statements etc.. let us know and we can then advise further on how you need to stake your claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi thanks for the reply.

I do want to re-claim ppi on all my loans and cards which include at least 4 loans

over the years and two credit cards with TSB ( gold and platinum).

I will start with the loan

I have full details of first.

I sent a SAR toTSB back in January 2008 and

eventually received the paperwork which included the original loan agreement

and full statements in JULY 2008 from BLS collections.

Loan was taken out on 4th September 2004 over a period of 48 months.

Loan amount 10,833.86.

Loan Protection amount 1,758.00 APR 15.9%.

Monthly payments of 300.90

Loan payments were paid on time and in full up to November 2006

when Lloyds made a massive cock up with my current account

and over 2 months (Nov & Dec 2006) they paid a direct debit for my child care fees twice.

The amount for the child care fees was a little over 700.00 per month

and therefore over 1,400.00 was taken in each of these months

which meant that when my DD for loan payments were due (within a day of child care DD)

there were no funds available.

TSB admitted it was their error and credited my current account with 100.00 compo

and repaid interest and late fees etc.

I was still having a load of trouble with them over my current account and as a result in January 2007

(my credit was still great at this point) i opened an account with another bank

and had all my DD etc transferred.

I kept my TSB account open to enable me to pay my loan (TSB refused to transfer this DD to my new bank and I have a letter confirming this)

Between January 2007 and December 2007 i continued to transfer my loan payments to my TSB account with no problem

and at this stage the payments were in full and account up to date

however when I transferred my payment in January 2008 it was returned and

when I contacted TSB they informed me that my account had been closed.

Within days i.e 8th January 2008 I received a threatening letter from BLS collections

demanding full payment of the outstanding loan in the sum of 5,656.72!!!

I wrote straight back to them with SAR enclosing the required fee which was cashed on 11th February 2008

but once a month between February and June i continued to get the usual demand letter.

When I eventually contacted them to ask why they had not complied with SAR

they amazingly informed me that they had no record of receiving it!!

As stated I eventually received the paperwork IN jULY 2008 followed within days by a letter from

Sechiari Clark and Mitchell with the usual threat together with a 'generous' offer to pay off loan

at a greatly reduced amount (a debt 'forgivness of 2,200.00)

I sent the usual bog off letter to them and have not heard anything since.

I admit I have done nothing at all about reclaiming anything because I had personal stuff to deal with

so it was the last thing on my mind and at the time I was just happy nobody was harassing me for money I didnt have.

I have checked over the statements and they clearly show that the payments were made in full and on time up to December 2007

when they closed the account (20th December)

at this time the balance outstanding on the loan shows 5,363.57

then strangely on the same date there are 2 separate payments to the account marked "other" for 2,772.00 and 2,591.57

and then it shows a nil balance with the total paymenst received as showing 15,108.90.

No idea where the last 2 payments came from or why!!

I have bit the bullet and sent off the questionnaire to Lloyds for this loan

and have today received the standard acknowledgment letter so we will see what comes next:|

any input or advice would be greatly received :)

Hi again:wave:

just wondered if anyone had any ideas on the two payments that were received after my account with TSB was closed.

Does this mean that the account was sold ?

The SAR did not produce any deed of assignment,

just the original loan agreement and the statements.

Am I also right in thinking this account is SB and if so does that also have any effect on me being able to make a claim for PPI

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just an update and a little advice needed.

I got a telephone call from someone from TSB yesterday evening about my claim.

I was out having tea so it was not convenient to speak to them as they said it would be quite a lengthy call!!.

They have scheduled to call me back on Monday.

Is this normal?

Should I speak to them or will they try and trip me up to avoid paying out.

Thanks all

I'd ask them to put what they have to say in writing so that you can properly consider any response that may be needed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Regarding the 2 payments on the loan, I wouldn't worry about them, as it's likely that any debt is statute barred if you haven't acknowledged it.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yep writing ONLY!!

have you done a spreadsheet?

so's you know what you should get back?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Regarding the 2 payments on the loan, I wouldn't worry about them, as it's likely that any debt is statute barred if you haven't acknowledged it.

No I have never acknowledge the debt and the last contact I had with them was July 2008 when the complied (eventually) with my SAR)I did get the usual letters from debt companies but never responded and they eventually stopped only starting again about the begining of this year which I suspect was because the SB date was coming close. Again I simply ignored the letters and have not received anything in months

yep writing ONLY!!

have you done a spreadsheet?

so's you know what you should get back?

dx

No I havent. I have all the statements so could you point me in the direction of the spread sheet so I can have a go please

Thanks for advice

Lloyds did ring "to go over a few details"

I explained that they had all the information in my questionnaire and

he proceeded to explain that they had records of 5 loans dating back to 1995 and started to ask ne questions about the 2 oldest loans for 1995 and 1997.

He continued to ask questions and I kept stating that he had all the information and if they needed anything else then to write to me.

He said it was just a few questions and asked me regarding the older loans when I realised I had been mis-sold PPI on these

to which I did reply "just now when you told me"

I had no idea any previous loans had ppi just the last one in 2004 which was the one where they told me no ppi no loan!!.

They are now going to write to me with their decision so hopefully I should hear soon

Wasn't the info in your SAR?

If not it looks like they haven't sent you all they've got so it might be worth a new SAR to get the information,

because if you've got more PPI due than you realised, you need it to make sure they pay you back the full amount. ;)

They only information they provided me with was for the 2004 loan which I knew about the ppi.

I had actually forgotten about the earlier loans but obviously they have information on them still.

I am expecting a letter off them any day now so I am going to see what that reveals and then do another SAR.

I was surprised however that no mention was made of the 2 credit cards I had with them,

one was for 5k and another was for 17k

both had ppi and both accounts were sold in 2007.

it does it for you/

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just by way of update

I have not heard anything since Lloyds phoned me over 2 weeks ago.

I rang them today and was informed that they did not need any more information from me,

they did not need to speak to me again and they had until 22nd October to reply!!!

Bit worried thinking im getting nothing as other people i have spoken to had theirs settled very quick

I have not heard anything since Lloyds phoned me over 2 weeks ago.

Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much about the delay, I'm still waiting on them getting back to me regarding a claim

They will drag it out as long as they can.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Well guys I have today received my decision from Lloyds.

There were actually 4 loans.

Loan 1 - this is the most recent one on the 10k loan where they told me no PPI no loan. They have upheld this loan

Loan 2 - this loan was upheld

Loan 3 - this loan was upheld in part

Loan 4 - this loan was declined/rejected.

I am not happy about the decisions on the last 2 loans as my circumstances were exactly the same as when I took out the other two. I dont have any information on these loans as my statements only date back to the end of 2000 and I think these were from 1997 & 1999

Their decision for loan 3 is that "my circumstances show that I had a need for payment protection and my circumstances were not expected to change to effect the suitability" HOWEVER they upheld part of my claim because it was a single premium PPI policy and was not suitable for my needs @unlike a regular premium policy"

The decision for loan 4 states "your circumstances show you had a need for the payment protection"

for the above 2 loans they state that I did not have any employee benefits or savings to cover the loan payments but I specifically informed them that I received full pay sickness benefit but in any event I never asked for or was aware I had PPI.

Not sure what to do now.

As I mentioned the last of these loans was not paid off in full due to the circumstances

I have explained in previous posts.

the letter says a cheque will be sent to me for the upheld loans and the only mention it makes to paying off outstanding balances

is at the very end where it states that if there are any balances I want them to reduce

then to ring them and they will pay money into my account instead ,

i dont have an account with them so is this just a standard paragraph they put in.

I also had 2 credit cards with them and I thought that when they checked my records these would have come up

and they would have dealt with them also because there was a load of ppi on these.

send them a reply, ask for a complete breakdown upon how the they have been calculated

and a copies of the data used to make the calculations.

also bring up the individual points you note above

bullet pointed then briefly

stating clearly that you do not agree to the decisions mentioned

and they

Thanks dx I will be writing to them. They have actually sent a breakdown of the calculations but as I am so hopeless on anything mathematical I would not have a clue if this is correct. Could someone have a look and see what you think !! All the PPI's were single premium policies

Loan 1 Loan 2 Loan 3 ((upheld in part)

Original cost of PPI - 1,758.00 212.16 293.90

Number of monthly payments agreed - 48 12 36

Number of monthly payments made - 39 11 36

How much You paid in mthly premiums 1,111.01 211.44 293.90

The interest applied to premiums 370.12 19.48 81.81

Total cost of policy 1,481.13 230.92 375.71

How much you would have paid

for a regular premium (left blank) (left blank) 224.35

Excess Balance and Interest 856.55 (left blank) (left blank)

Refund due 2,337.68 230.92 151.36

8% interest pa on refund due 1.046.58 207.60 161.25

Basic rate deduction 209.32 41.52 32.25

Net Refund Due 3,174.94 397.00 280.36

Hope the above is clear I really am no good at calculations and dont have a clue what i should be looking for so any help would be greatfully accepted