Feel I've been mis sold Macbook Pro

plkinsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I wonder if anyone could advise me please?

On Thursday, I purchased a MacBook Pro from PC World.

I inspected the display models, and saw one I liked. It was £100 more for the retina display model, and didn't really feel it was worth paying the extra, so paid £899 for the non retina display model.

When I took it home, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason, I didn't like it as much.

I passed by another PC world branch on Saturday, and decided to pop in.

The retina model, is considerably thinner than my version, and also, my version is a 2012, the retina is 2014, now I feel that I purchased the machine. based on the display model. I asked in that store if I could exchange it, and pay the extra, but was told NO as I'd used it.

Do you think I have grounds for exchange, as I feel, the display model was not indicitive of what I was actually buying?

Many thanks in advance.

PLK

So was there a display model of the one you purchased? Or did you look at the display model for a different model and base your purchase on that without asking to see the one you were actually buying?

If you didn't actually check a display model for the one you wanted to purchase then I don't think you have much legal right to return it.

From the sounds of things, the display model wasn't the same as the model you were actually buying, so I'm not sure how you expect it to be indicative of something different.

Basically,I looked at the display model, which was advertised at £899, there was no other model, but on the price sheet, it showed the upgraded model.

As far as I was concerned, I was buying the one on display

Ok, I'm a bit confused here.

First of all, what was the model you physically looked at in the store? The Retina display model? Or the non-retina/older model?

The spec sheet attached to that. Was it the spec sheet for the retina model? Or the non-retina model?

There was a retina model on display, at £899, there clearly was a difference between the retina model and non retina model.

It wasn't made clear to the OP that there was indeed a difference or the OP made an assumption, the OP purchased the non retina model.

The retailer should of made it clear what the OP was buying, Sales, display, POS etc.

Yes basically, I was told the only difference was the retina display, which I could live with. I was not informed that the cheaper one (which was not displayed, just had spec sheet) was indeed an older, and thicker machine.

Send the following amended template, send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-get-a-refund-if-your-item-is-faulty-

Contact your Card Provider, ask to carry out a Chargeback, amend and send the following template Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-make-a-chargeback-claim-

You will need to stop using it and restore it to it's factory restate.

Ok, yes that's a bit different if they told you the only difference was the quality of the display. If the appearance/specification is different beyond that though then they should accept the return as mis-described/mis-sold.

From your original post it wasn't clear if you spoke to anyone, it read to me like you just assumed that would be the case and went ahead with the purchase without checking.