Suspended from work with full Pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Try to help son in law out (well trying to help my daughter more than him! )

He works as a car sales man, they have just Suspended him from work with full pay as he did something very dumb (DUI) and has to go to court in november.

well he should have got his wages friday just gone but his work have taken his full wage to pay for the insurance excess that he had to have when he first started to work at the car sales place, as he had a DUI on there from 4 years ago ( and this is why his excess was so hi to start with ) can they do that!! he has wife & 5 Kids, he knows he has to pay the excess, but can they just take his full wage like that with out him knowing or asking first???

Please help if you can??

P.S i don't like drink driving and i never will and my son in law knows where i stand. but i'm trying to help my daughter more than him.

depends upon employment contract, if it says they can do this then they can BUT they can only take a percentage of his wages in a given month and must leave a reasonable amount to live on. The percentage varies by industry but wont exceed 10% of gross salary otherwise it will be an unlawful deduction. As insurance runs on an annual basis they should have taken say 8%. If they dismiss him then they can recover the total from his final salary if need be.

Thank you so much for your help ericsbrother, i will get him to look over his contract.

Thanks

depends upon employment contract, if it says they can do this then they can BUT they can only take a percentage of his wages in a given month and must leave a reasonable amount to live on. The percentage varies by industry but wont exceed 10% of gross salary otherwise it will be an unlawful deduction. As insurance runs on an annual basis they should have taken say 8%. If they dismiss him then they can recover the total from his final salary if need be.

remove the employer name please; it won't help if they find this post!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi all,

He works as a car sales man, they have just Suspended him from work with full pay as he did something very dumb (DUI) and has to go to court in november.

well he should have got his wages friday just gone but his work have taken his full wage to pay for the insurance excess that he had to have when he first started to work at the car sales place, as he had a DUI on there from 4 years ago ( and this is why his excess was so hi to start with ) can they do that!! he has wife & 5 Kids, he knows he has to pay the excess, but can they just take his full wage like that with out him knowing or asking first???

Please help if you can??

P.S i don't like drink driving and i never will and my son in law knows where i stand. but i'm trying to help my daughter more than him.

Hi all i need your input if you can, when he did this he got a letter saying he has been Suspended on full pay until the out come of the court case, but then they took all his wages witch was wrong!! ( as in there hand book it says the most they can stop out of his wages at any one time is 10% of his months wage! But it also says if he is "sacked" that gives them the right to take his full wage as he has to pay the insurance excess back. ) well they have now sacked him?? can they do this...( i think they know they did wrong by taking his full wage and by sacking him now it covers them) as the first letter says Suspended on full pay until the out come of the court case,

What are his rights in this spot! are they in the wrong for sacking him at this point and time........on what Grounds are they sacking him ???..... when at first they Suspended him from work with full pay until the out come of the court case!

Thanks

Hi all,

Please help if you can??

Which country does he work in?

It is just "DUI" is a term I associate more with the USA, where as Drink-driving or "driving with excess alcohol" are more common for the UK.

If his contract is outside of the UK, the usual advice given (on this UK-based site) may not be applicable .....

Which country does he work in?

It is just "DUI" is a term I associate more with the USA, where as Drink-driving or "driving with excess alcohol" are more common for the UK.

If his contract is outside of the UK, the usual advice given (on this UK-based site) may not be applicable .....

He is from uk,