Car finance for deceased dad

ladyh0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

first time on her so please forgive my mistakes (if any :|)

2011 due to marriage breakdown I had to move asap and leaving everything behind I needed a car. Long story short I went to carcraft, had bad credit but they told me if I had a "pensioner" who owned own home it was guaranteed finance. My dad was 71 partially blind and deaf but owned his home so (after 3/4 hours) finance was sorted out. I told them that dad had no driving licence (he has never had one) and the car was for me and they said no probs got dad to sign finance etc and my details for car. When registration docs came through car was registered in DADS name!!. contacted carcraft and they said normal procedure but just get it transferred into my name!!! Anyway eventually did and I transferred the monthly payments from my account to dads account as creation refused to transfer as finance was in dads name (understandable) Sadly my dad died on Christmas eve so I contacted Creation to advise and they registered death and said they did not do PPI so was I going to return car? Informed them that dad had no Estate assets and sent copy death certificate and not heard anything from them. Dad took equity release on his house before car was bought so after debts paid there are no funds left to pay off finance. I still have car and cannot get finance to pay off loan so not sure what to do now

Hi All

first time on her so please forgive my mistakes (if any :|)

2011 due to marriage breakdown I had to move asap and leaving everything behind I needed a car. Long story short I went to carcraft, had bad credit but they told me if I had a "pensioner" who owned own home it was guaranteed finance. My dad was 71 partially blind and deaf but owned his home so (after 3/4 hours) finance was sorted out. I told them that dad had no driving licence (he has never had one) and the car was for me and they said no probs got dad to sign finance etc and my details for car. When registration docs came through car was registered in DADS name!!. contacted carcraft and they said normal procedure but just get it transferred into my name!!! Anyway eventually did and I transferred the monthly payments from my account to dads account as creation refused to transfer as finance was in dads name (understandable) Sadly my dad died on Christmas eve so I contacted Creation to advise and they registered death and said they did not do PPI so was I going to return car? Informed them that dad had no Estate assets and sent copy death certificate and not heard anything from them. Dad took equity release on his house before car was bought so after debts paid there are no funds left to pay off finance. I still have car and cannot get finance to pay off loan so not sure what to do now

Hi welcome to CAG,

Has your fathers house been sold by the equity release company?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi welcome to CAG,

Has your fathers house been sold by the equity release company?

Not yet, we are in the process of getting valuations done. The car was financed over 4 years in early 2011 and payments were made up to March this year. The agreement was not a HP agreemint so I was really surprise when I was told there was no PPI as my dad was 71 when he took out the loan !

Not yet, we are in the process of getting valuations done. The car was financed over 4 years in early 2011 and payments were made up to March this year. The agreement was not a HP agreemint so I was really surprise when I was told there was no PPI as my dad was 71 when he took out the loan !

How much is outstanding on the finance?

I don't think your late father would have qualified for PPI.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I don't know, I have contacted creation finance a few times. First time they wouldn't speak to me until I sent death certificate and when I did and tried to speak to them again the representative didn't have a clue what would happen he just kept saying are you ringing to arrange to return the vehicle so I gave up and wrote to them asking for a redemption figure. This was in January but have not had anything back from them apart from acknowledgement of death certificate.

If the car finance was a fixed-sum loan they cannot expect the vehicle back as the money was not secured on it. They would need to make a claim from the estate like anyone else - if there is no money left in the estate they'll have to move on.

I don't know, I have contacted creation finance a few times. First time they wouldn't speak to me until I sent death certificate and when I did and tried to speak to them again the representative didn't have a clue what would happen he just kept saying are you ringing to arrange to return the vehicle so I gave up and wrote to them asking for a redemption figure. This was in January but have not had anything back from them apart from acknowledgement of death certificate.

Typical Creation anything out of their routine completely phases them!

I would suggest a Formal Complaint now, address it to Jaques Darrigade Director, use signed for post.

I don't think you'll get anywhere with customer (dis) service.

If you need help please let me know.

If the car finance was a fixed-sum loan they cannot expect the vehicle back as the money was not secured on it. They would need to make a claim from the estate like anyone else - if there is no money left in the estate they'll have to move on.

Defo fixed term.

Which is why Creation has gone quiet.

Yes I have checked the agreement and it is deffo a fixed term. I will do as you have said and write to the director. Thank you for your help and advise and I will update when I get a reply (if any)

Yes I have checked the agreement and it is deffo a fixed term. I will do as you have said and write to the director. Thank you for your help and advise and I will update when I get a reply (if any)

Good Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all by way of update I wrote to Creation on 26th August 2014 and have still had no reply.

Should I just leave it? Also if they do not intend to proceed will I have difficulty if I ever want to sell the car, will it show as having o/s credit against it ?