how many Attachment of earnings canyou have?

chrisphilip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Didn't know where to post this but how many attachment of earnings can you have at once

at the minute i have two in place but a 3rd one has been added today

is there a limit?

Also how do the rates work paying these of if you have 3 in place?

we earn around £950 a month

£950 month i seem to lose on one attachment £101

on my 2nd attachment around £50

I thought the limit was two at a time to be honest.

From memory, I think the AOE is worked out on % of Net pay after deductions.. So...

For AOE 1. Net of £950. %age is 12%. 12% of £950 is £114.00. So £950-£114=£836.

For AOE 2. (new) Net of £836. %age is 7%. 7% of £836 is £58.52. So £836-£58.52=£777.48.

If they can add a further AOE, then it will be..

For AOE 3. (new) Net of £777.48. %age is 7%. 7% of £777.48 is £54.42. So £777.48-£54.42=£723.06

If the £723.06 your left with doesn't leave you enough to live on, you can apply to the court to have the order(s) varied. You'll have to jump through a few hoops and fill out a means form though.

You could also ask the court to make a consolidated order. Where the AOE is reduced to 1 which get's paid directly to the court, and the court then sort out which of your creditors gets what amount. I think you can write directly to the court to ask for this, but if any of your creditors object, you may have to go to court yourself to 'appear' in front of the judge to plead your case. As long as you can show that having multiple orders is causing your household hardship, the judge will *usually* grant the consolidated order.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

You could also ask the court to make a consolidated order. Where the AOE is reduced to 1 which get's paid directly to the court, and the court then sort out which of your creditors gets what amount. I think you can write directly to the court to ask for this, but if any of your creditors object, you may have to go to court yourself to 'appear' in front of the judge to plead your case. As long as you can show that having multiple orders is causing your household hardship, the judge will *usually* grant the consolidated order.

the above bit how much would they take then to spread the costs will it be less than what am paying now

Also which court do i ask this to be considered

the above bit how much would they take then to spread the costs will it be less than what am paying now

Also which court do i ask this to be considered

You'd have to write to the court that made the order, that info will be on the paperwork and is usually your local county court.

With a consolidated order, it would be just like having 1 AOE order, so you'd pay 12% of your Net of £950, leaving you with a take home of £836.

The challenge will be convincing the court that having multiple orders (and thereby less money) is causing your household hardship. Bear in mind that they'll only take into account "essential" outgoings. Rent/mortgage, current council tax, gas, water, leccy & food (pretty much). Weekly Chinese takeaways and the "beer fund" don't count :D

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Can i email them do you think?

also my wife is regnant so need to sort this out

I'd do it the old fashioned way with paper and a stamp. Judges like that kind of thing ;)

Include what AOE orders you have, and good reasons for having a consolidated order made.

Also will i have to provide proof to the courts meaning showing them bills etc

Probably not, but you'll have to fill out a means form. And don't, whatever you do, try to tell porkies on there. If they catch you out you'd be for the high jump!

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20070108125403/nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=22_attachment_of_earnings_in_the_county_court

Have a read of the attached National Debtline link on AoE's, if you scroll down the page there is a section in respect of Consolidations :)

You might need to go to their website for current information as the one I have linked appears to be from 2008.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/22%20EW%20County%20court%20-%20attachment%20of%20earnings%20orders/Default.aspx

Here you go.. the most current one.. there is a link at the left side of the page for consolidations.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

what are all these in relation too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right it says on that website

the court will send you forms about the attachment of earnings

i have never had any forms from the court

all i have had is a letter from the council tax and housing saying we have made an attachments of earnings

and your employer will deduct xxxx amount from your earnings

Also how much will i be charged if agreed with this in place

debt 1 is £203

debt 2 is 1200

debt 3 is 189

You do not have to pay a fee up-front to make this application. Instead, ten pence is deducted by the court for every pound paid in whilst the consolidated order is in force.

worked it out roughly £160 charge to the court if above is correct might aswell keep it how it is going to cost a lot more :(

so all of these are CTAX AEO's?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

worked it out roughly £160 charge to the court if above is correct might aswell keep it how it is going to cost a lot more :(

Whilst it will cost you extra (long term) only you can balance that extra (the charges from the court) against what you have each month in the short term.

If you can manage on around £720 a month then great, if not then.... :)