style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Obviously I know the original amount but I will NOT be disclose this at all, but as you can clearly see the fees are huge now and you need to speak to the EA to arrange a plan and stick to it, if you are on benefits you need to let the EA know straight away and copy in the Council as well.

If you re working then things need to be moved along soon, if you own a car you need to keep it way from your home as the EA will take control of it, please bear in mind that they can only store it for a very short time, again this will add further fees to your debt.

Can you advise whether or not you are working or if there is a vulnerability attached to your home see the stickies on the front page

last sentence edited new keyboard sorry

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

2 attatchments unapproved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

We know you are new to this but if you read the yellow sections on the front page and spend time going through them all you will see just how things are since the 6th of April 2014. They re designed to help you out and understand the new rules.

Yes to your statement you are on sick leave and the EA will need to know, it will help them sort this mess out, but remember if you make a payment plan you have to stick to it.

Also did you receive all of the letters from the Council before they took you to Court?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

As you can see from post #30 we will keep your identity private, this will save you getting spam from people that will try to take money off of you. So if you want to post up further images make sure that you keep all personals removed, use ms paint to do this then save it as a PDF ok.

Oh I see thank you mickeymack. I am working but currently on sick leave due to stress, depression and anxiety. No5 sure if this counts às vunerable??

Hmmm, I'm fairly sure it would as you'll obviously have (or be able to get a copy of) a doctors note. Whilst this might only be a temporary solution (as in, while you're off sick), it will (or at least should) buy you some breathing space and allow you to formulate a plan going forwards and maybe even negotiate with the bailiffs.

Ultimately, the council tax isn't going to go away and has got to be paid, but you already know that. But if you can negotiate a payment arrangement (ideally with the council directly, or failing that (unfortunately) with the bailiffs) then all the better.

If you do manage to negotiate a payment arrangement, whatever you do, DO NOT break it, if you do, the bailiffs could just go straight for the jugular and demand full payment of any remaining debt and you'd not really have a leg to stand on.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Also you may receive PM's asking you to go to another/different sites for help you should report this straight away to admin, don't do it as you will/may be asked to pay a fee, obviously don't do it ok

If you phone the council and advise them of your health issue, they should put Excel on hold, so you can send the council proof of this e.g Doctors letter or copy of sick note. Once the council receive the proof they should take the debt back and help you to come to an arrangement. If you are on reduced income, you may get a discount.

You can make a complaint to your council using this link if not helpful ( I think it was Ceredigion council)

http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/English/Your-Council/Complaints/Pages/How-Do-I-Make-a-Complaint.aspx

These are the councillors in this link. If you click on the name of your councillor, there are telephone contact details.

http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/English/Your-Council/Councillors-Committees/Councillors/Pages/default.aspx

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok so been some action but not sure if ive done the right thing. I called the EA (who seems ok) and he said we can make a payment arrangement. However it cannot exceed 10 months???? Also, can only be done if he enforces the control of goods.hes calling me on Tuesday to arrange a time to call round.

Ok so been some action but not sure if ive done the right thing. I called the EA (who seems ok) and he said we can make a payment arrangement. However it cannot exceed 10 months???? Also, can only be done if he enforces the control of goods.hes calling me on Tuesday to arrange a time to call round.

Not sure this is a good idea. They want to come in your house to list items that they will take to sell, if you did not make a payment on time. You would be signing something to say that they could come back in your house, in the event of a missed payment. You may also incur further enforcement costs.

Not sure why you had not contacted your council with details of your vulnerability and not receiving the enforcement notice. The council could have taken the debt back, you could probably have avoided the £235 enforcement fee and have had an arrangement with the council to make payments, without the threat of these enforcement agents coming back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I informed the council about the missing enforcement notice this morning. I was told that I had had plenty of opportunity to rectify the situation so the debt had to stay with the bailiff. They told me to make all complaints to Excel.

Time to file a formal complaint with the council then jimbob. This *should* trigger a suspension of any enforcement action until the complaint is looked into & remedied one way or another.

I'm sure someone with a far better mind than mine will be along at some point and will be more than willing to help you formulate a complaint.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I think you should speak to the council again on Tuesday morning when they first open to register a complaint and for them to register that you are vulnerable. Advise the council they you will ask your local councillors to intervene, if they do not help and may consider taking it to the Local Government Ombudsman if necessary.

Just from reading your posts, I can see that you have struggled to deal with this and a decent council should be willing to offer their assistance. I believe the councils have national standards they have to comply with, when they are dealing with vulnerable people.

This is a link to the government site on basic rights re enforcement agents. You don't have to let them in.

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-bailiffs/what-you-can-do-when-a-bailiff-visits

Many many thanks. I shall certainly give this a try. Obviously worried that the EA is due To return on Tuesday also, so will be pushed for time. Fingers crossed and I shall be sure to post updates as they happen onTuesday onwards.

There is nothing to stop you contacting your local Councillor(s) over the weekend and asking they intervene on your behalf. If so they can help on your behalf first thing Tuesday. Best initial contact is by phone.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am so sorry a PM was sent to me yesterday but after having to empty my in box twice over the past 3 days I have simply not had time to respond. I will try to do so on the forum for the moment.

To save me having to read back through your posts can you CONFIRM that this account is for council tax and not a court fine.

Can you confirm the precise amount of fees charged and the exact amount of the Liability Order.

I am disappointed to read your comment that Excel are insisting as a condition to agreeing a payment proposal that a Controlled Goods Agreement must be signed on Tuesday. Needless to say...I will be making enquiries about this as this is NOT what should be happening !!!!

PS: The new regulations came into effect on 6th April and the enforcement companies had many meeting with the Ministry of Justice both before and even after the regs came into effect. There were bound to be errors in the early months but the time for leniency has long past !!

After the OP sorts the council/payment plan out What is the plan of attack regarding the unlawful threat in writing to break and enter the property?

A Bailiff company is making unlawful threats and how many other vulnerable people and people in severe hardship have gone without food and utilities because they believe a bailiff will kick their door down.

How about a court claim with the local authority as co defendant for compensation for stress etc?

Stuff like this is why the UK desperately needs something like the US's Civil Rights Foundation but to attack things like this as part of its remit, to assist with legal action.

Class Action devestated and destroyed ACS Law and its proprietor and could have taken clients with it. So a nice class action against Excel on behalf of every non court fine victim who has received this unlawful threat would potentially destroy the company.

If enforcement companies want to milk the extremely lucrative new fees they have a right to, well, then they must also take the responsibilities especially when they don't live up to them.

Mind they will claim "clerical error" I have never ever understood why companies are allowed to hide behind that. If you or I as a private person makes a clerical error its no excuse in court or at tribunal etc

End of the day something as supposedly harmless as a clerical error can lead to death, arrest, serious illness, or in this specific area peoples doors being kicked in, innocent parties property stolen or damaged, and vulnerable people going without food and electric.

Not so harmless a beast then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caled, i feel the Civil Enforcement Industry is well past it's sell by date, especially as LordDdenning wanted to put it out of our misery back in the 1980s

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!