style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like the wrong form, as your Son is not appealing the actual fine.

What you are wanting is for your Son to be able to deal with the Magistrates court directly and to pay the fine to them.

Think there is no choice really but for your Son to attend the Magistrates court and to do the statutory declaration that he did not recieve the summons or any further steps notice. He just wants to be able to pay the fine for the offence.

It is a shame that there does not appear to be a neighbour or someone local to you that is willing to help your Son. If you contacted your nearest Citizens Advice, they may have someone at the court who can help him.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hello again. sorry to be a pain but I received the appeal paper today and its 1 page,, and an appeal to the crown court from a magistrates court with a couple of questions that don,t relate to me, there isnt enough space for me to write an explaination either. Have I got the wrong form? Or can someone aadvise me what to put please?

Are you able to copy the form onto the forum?

If not, what is the name of the form and what questions are asked? Is there any reference on the form to Statutory Declaration?

In almost all such cases that I have come across the court will advise the enforcement company (in this case Marston's) that an application to file a Statutory Declaration is pending and asking for the account to be put on hold. If the application to file a Stat Dec is accepted (this is likely because of the confusion with the address) then the warrant ceases to be valid and the court will then issue a new summons to YOUR SON. He can then plead guilty or not guilty. If guilty, he will be required to complete a Means Statement outlining his financial position and using this information the court will then set a new fine at a level that is affordable to HIM.

It must be stressed that this is your sons court fine and it is he who must sign the documents. The court is likely to reject correspondence from YOU citing the Data Protection Act.