Data protection

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if anyone can give any advice about this...

.yesterday I got a letter from my Ostomy supply company,Pelican,

telling me an ex employee was contacting the users of this company asking them to change to their

, newly set up, company to supply our ostomy needs,

I am a little worried about how he got mine and other clients of the companies details,

has there been a DPA violation?

Wonder if anyone can give any advice about this....yesterday I got a letter from my Ostomy supply company,Pelican, telling me an ex employee was contacting the users of this company asking them to change to their, newly set up, company to supply our ostomy needs, I am a little worried about how he got mine and other clients of the companies details, has there been a DPA violation?

This has happened before, some years ago I believe an ex employee of Hollister started a business of his own..

The ex employee will have had access to customer records and has "stolen" the data, the company has acted correctly by issuing the warning, no doubt it will be taking action to stop this going much further.

I doubt your data has/will go any further.

If you are contacted report back to the company.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Sparks

Yes, by the existing company, complain to them in writing, if your not satisfied with their response, complain to the ICO.

But wait to see if you are contacted. Even if data has been lost accidentally it breaches Data Protection principles.

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/the_principles

Thanks, I will wait and see if he contacts me, not that I will change suppliers, they have been great since I joined them 3 years ago

Part of the Eakin Group very reliable company.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 months later...