Ross and Roberts charge £151 for missed payment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I set up a payment plan with Ross and Roberts then 5 months later a new company took over my work and they changed the date I get paid from the 20th of each month to the last working day, I told this to Ross and Roberts and said the can't change the agreement so now I have a bailif knocking my door saying instead of paying £75 I now need to pay £151 enforcement charge and the £75 for missing the payment, £226 in total but only the £75 comes off what I owe the £151 goes to them, surely this is extortion? Please help

Kind regards

Richard

Sorry the debt is for council tax owed from last year. They came around yesturday when I was out and left a letter saying I had 24 hours to contact them, to pay or they will re-attend my property to remove my goods. I normally pay monthly to them via their website, but the bailif is saying I now have to pay him either cash or over the phone direct to him and NOT via the website.

Kind regards

Richard

Edited by Richard6755

Can you explain more about the events before 6th April when the new regulations took effect.

How much was the Liability Order?

Before 6th April had the bailiff company 'levied; upon goods of yours?

Can you list the amount of any fees that had been charged BEFORE 6th April.

With debts that had been subjects to some form of enforcement before 6th April there is specific statutory regulations in place but they hinge on whether a levy had or had not been made (or goods 'seized' BEFORE 6th April.

Think you should raise a complaint with the local council the tax is owed to. If R&R refused to change the payment date and this caused you the problem, then I think you have a very good reason to complain.

Did R&R levy on your goods and you signed an agreement with them ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the responses,

it was 2 orders dated 20/01/2014

the first was for

Amount owed =£298.49

Bailiff costs = £69.50

Total to pay =£367.69

the Second was for

Amount Owed = £923.49

Bailiff costs = £64.00

Total to pay = £987.49

they came in on the 20/01/2014 he wrote down some goods on the forms and also told me i had to pay £120 on the day, I have a receipt to that saying:

Amount paid £120

O/S Balance £1235.18

Costs £133.50

and i had agreed to pay £75 a month til the debt was cleared

I think the way that you should play this, is to continue paying the amount you had already agreed with R&R, but advise them that you have registered a complaint with the council.

You need to submit a written complaint to the council about the way R&R have handled the account i.e refusal to change the date of payment, after you had told them about the change in your employment pay date.

I don't know enough about the bailiff fees to comment, so hopefully Tomtubby will be back. I would have thought the fees would be per the R&R old fee scale and not those that came in from 6/4/14.

You should never have allowed R&R into your house, as to let a bailiff in means they can charge you more and they can enter the house with your permission, which you have given them when you signed the agreement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Iirc to make a forced entry post levy a bailiff will need to secure written permission from the council and then apply to a magistrate for an entry warrant and iirc for a mag to grant it the bailiff would have to prove there are enough goods to discharge the debt and all fees.

He certainly cannot turn up tommorow and have a locksmith open the door, locksmiths tend to not be keen on committing criminal offences.

I think the way that you should play this, is to continue paying the amount you had already agreed with R&R, but advise them that you have registered a complaint with the council.

You need to submit a written complaint to the council about the way R&R have handled the account i.e refusal to change the date of payment, after you had told them about the change in your employment pay date.

I don't know enough about the bailiff fees to comment, so hopefully Tomtubby will be back. I would have thought the fees would be per the R&R old fee scale and not those that came in from 6/4/14.

You should never have allowed R&R into your house, as to let a bailiff in means they can charge you more and they can enter the house with your permission, which you have given them when you signed the agreement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would put in that complaint, but also involve youtr local councillor. Bear in mind t5hat as Ross 'n Robbers arew the bailiffs there may well be an Equita infestation in the council, as in Equita do the back office revenue functions, and Guess what Equita own Ross 'n Robbers, which is why you need your local councillor to help.

As to forced entry, it is becoming apparent that it is vbeing used too freely, and there will be an outcry. Not to say it will be used in OP's situation as it would not be a proportionate action.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 weeks later...

As to OP and Ross 'n Robbers,I feel they are in the wrong and a Formal complaint should go in anyway.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Have now tidied thread up. There is a new thread in the Bear Garden where you can continue your discussion.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?432431-old-bill-Dodgebal-discussion%282-Viewing%29-nbsp

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]