style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to everyone,

Thanks for exist and thanks for the support.

I don't want stay behind...and i must admit that today i tried to shoplift 2 t-shirts from Primark...why this stupid things?

I'm not a thief, i'm just searching a bit of justice in a system that don t protect me...however...

I'm not English, RLP found me and bringh me in a small room in the back of the shopping center.

They tryed to intimidate me...with a bit of success...

They took mine 3 photos, and ID copy.

They said to me that i m dishonest and i must pay for what i done and face it.

They said to me that they not called the police only for hlep me, but in the same time that if i ll not pay the amount , the police can bringh to me in Prison.

The Amuount was 12 pounds or 16 i don t remember....however i read some posts and i appreciate what wrote about ( silverfox1961 )

I would ask a small thing....how can be maximum the fines?

Whae i was in the room i saw to them that mine picture was a violation of mine privacy? was correct?

Please someone help me, i can t pay a lot of money.....

Thanks to everyone and sorry for my english.

Turrican

Ignore what you have been told. They have seen you are not a UK citizen and have threatened and intimidated you.

Also, you need to think why you stole those items in the first place and make sure you dont do it again.

RLP cannot do ANYTHING to you. Ever. There are no fines at all as the police were not involved. If you get any letters from RLP, just rip them up or throw them in the bin.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Renegadeimp and thankks for the prompt reply.

Sorry if i'll ask to you again but i must be sure that nothing will appear in my DBS.

I'm a Nurse and i started to work in UK just 5 month ago....and YES a did a really stupid thing.

Are you sure that i can bin it without problems?

They told me that i will be arrested in case i don't pay......

I'm afraid now...really

Thanks mate

If the police were not called, nothing will happen. The shop, security guards and RLP have NOTHING to do with UK law. As i said, the guards took advantage over the fact you arent a British national. I wouldnt go so far as saying they were racist, but your milage may vary.

As for those letters, i am 100% sure you can bin it. Read some of the other threads here. They will harass you into paying, but dont fall for their tricks. They lie in every letter hoping you wont notice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If the police were not called, nothing will happen. The shop, security guards and RLP have NOTHING to do with UK law. As i said, the guards took advantage over the fact you arent a British national. I wouldnt go so far as saying they were racist, but your milage may vary.

As for those letters, i am 100% sure you can bin it. Read some of the other threads here. They will harass you into paying, but dont fall for their tricks. They lie in every letter hoping you wont notice.

+1

Spot on!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

IGNORE RLP TOTALLY

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Some facts for you to digest.

Since a 'landmark' case against a retailer and two young shoplifters in which the retailer and RLP got a ruddy good spanking (and apart from two other cases already due in court) NO retailer has taken any court action. This is over two years ago. You have to ask, IF they were so sure of their case, why no more court cases? The answer is they know:

a) There is no guarantee of a win

b) The costs to take action would outweigh what they 'may' have won.

c) RLP cannot take action in their own right

d) the debt collector (who will be as toothless as me) cannot take court action

e) Primark do not do court.

As the police were not involved, there will be nothing on any criminal check as you have not been convicted of any criminal act. RLP like to say that they collect data for the detection and prevention of crime. This is tosh. They have no interest in preventing anything. IF (by some miracle) their actions caused all shoplifting to cease, they would be out of business. They do not pass anything on to the police (although they may try and make you believe they will)

Sorry for that saga but I wanted you to be aware of how they operate.

As for the other answers given. Totally agree.

One other thing. Don't do it again and go sit on the naughty step :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would thank all the persons included in this post, especially

renegade e silverfox.

I did a really bad thing, i've coscience of this....but i'm not a thief, belive me.

Really thank you for your support, you are good person that help others, that's it.

I learned something new and really important, you were helpfull mates.

Thanks again and i feel more relaxed now...and i will never do it again.

turrican