Dad was told my social that he owes money. He never took a loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2012 when my dad moved into a flat he asked social if he can have a loan to furnish it.

They refused the loan and heard nothing from them until a few days ago.

He received a letter saying he owed them £70, which I know he doesn't.

Of course he will call them but does he need proof he was refused the loan?

He's currently having problems with the bank right now and needs to change it but none will have him because he has become over drawn with some before.

This bank is taking out money when he doesn't have any. And he's got yet another charge on there.

I don't know where else to put this as only on here can I post anything.

In 2012 when my dad moved into a flat he asked social if he can have a loan to furnish it.

They refused the loan and heard nothing from them until a few days ago.

He received a letter saying he owed them £70, which I know he doesn't.

Of course he will call them but does he need proof he was refused the loan?

He's currently having problems with the bank right now and needs to change it but none will have him because he has become over drawn with some before.

This bank is taking out money when he doesn't have any. And he's got yet another charge on there.

I don't know where else to put this as only on here can I post anything.

Hello there.

I suggest you start a new thread in the general banking forum and ask about the bank account there. Follow this link, it will take you to the Start Thread page.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=22

You will find more people there who know about banks. Even better, your dad could start a thread of his own.

He needs to ask 'social' for details of the loan and why they think he owes the money. I would have thought it was for them to prove he took the loan rather than for him to prove he didn't. See what they say when he rings.

And he could ask the CAB.

Am I right in thinking that your dad doesn't live with you? Have you seen the letter please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Casper Ghost

There are alternatives to banks, contact your local Credit Union.

http://www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk/home

Make a 'Hardship' claim, see if your bank will refund charges, quite a few threads -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?253-Hardship-applications

Has your dad been mis-sold PPI?

If your not sure of any thing just ask.

Hello CG.

As I suggested higher up the thread, I think your dad's banking question is best asked in the banking forum.

Has he rung whoever wrote to him about the social loan?

HB

Edited by honeybee13

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Caspers Ghost

Ref the Social Fund Loan you should send the DWP SAR to DWP asking then for all details on the Social Fund Loan.

The DWP SAR is in our library here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406188-DWP-Subject-Access-Request-From-(SAR)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That is why you need to send the DWP SAR requesting all documentation to do with that Social Fund Loan with the dates

to see exactly what they have on record

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Would they have the fact that he was refused' date=' on record?[/quote']

They should have, yes. So by all means send a SAR, no reason not to do that, especially since it's free. But since he's only just been informed of this alleged debt, and if he knows for sure he didn't receive a loan, he should also submit a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration, with a view to making a formal appeal if required. There is a time limit for Mandatory Reconsideration requests (30 days from the date of the notice informing him of the debt) so he should do this without waiting for the SAR results.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.