Received parcel i did not order!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parcel at work which was addressed to me and signed for it,

upon opening the parcel the contents were nothing i had ordered,

there was nothing inside the box apart from the goods themselves no invoice packing note etc so no clue where it had come from.

Contacted the courier company to say contents were not ordered by me etc,

they have never got back in touch with to say where they came from or too arrange a collection,

it has been 8 months now since they were delivered,

Am i entitled to keep the goods now?? i.e sell them as do not want them!!!

What were the goods in question?

I really dont know what to suggest. Only thing i can say is you can try to sell them but there maybe consequences?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Sound like a very iffy courier who were they? Surely they knew who they charged for the delivery. After all this have you got anything in writing from anybody 8 months is silly i would be inclined to get rid after all you have no way of contacting the person that sent the good they have not invoiced you for them down to the incompetence of the courier and the supplier. Sell them!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Awkward one this.

Usually this would come under unsolicited goods but you have to give the person that posted it to you the opportunity to have the item(s) returned at their expense.

The courier company is bound by data protection so cannot give out details but they could, if they chose to, contact their customer which (by the sounds of it) they haven't done.

I suggest that you try once more and contact the courier company - in writing- (this would cover you) to get them to return the item to the sender. Once you have confirmation they have had the letter and giving them one month to collect or pass the problem to the sender, you should be able to do with it as you wish.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As the goods were not ordered by yourself & the fact theres no invoice, return address & it's now been 8 months since you received the parcel.

Then I would under these circumstances, either keep/sell on/dispose of the goods.

As noone has been in touch regarding them have they?

Out of interest, (well being nosy if I'm honest) what are the goods you received?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

• 1 month later...