Arrow Global / Rossendales Collect old MBNA Credit Card debt.

watts60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - long story short.

I had a credit card debt with MBNA which I disputed years ago and it rumbled on.

It went around various debt collection agencies and ended up statue barred last December.

There is still a default on the account which drops off at the end of August.

Arrow have now passed this to Rossendales collect.

So far, I've had a message left on my answering machine and a text to my mobile,

both asking me to get in touch, something I have no intention of doing.

Anyone got any idea what I can expect from this mob?

Thanks in advance.

Same as any other DCA. However, if its SB they cannot do anything, but you need to tell them its SB or they will keep chasing you and the debt will be continually sold on.

Chances are they know it is SB which is why they are phishing right now by sending a phone call and text. if they were serious, theyd send a letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

it wont be SB'd till august then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think the best thing to do is to go through the records and find out exactly when the SB date is, instead of relying on guesswork. Then it is easy to tell you the next step.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...
it wont be SB'd till august then.

dx

I haven't actually paid anything since the end of 2007. I certainly haven't acknowledged any debt with them, so that is well over 6 years. They defaulted the account about 8 months after I stopped paying them.