contract and equality

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work as an healthcare assistant for the NHS on a fixed term temporary contract.

I have been offered a permanent job at another Hospital and when I told my current ward manager she said if I was offered a permanent job would I stay I said yes.

My ward manager said they could rush through an emergency form to make me permanent to prevent me from leaving,

The HR Department said the job has to be advertised internally on the basis of equality,

my question is can I be given the job right away as I am doing the job anyway or does it have to be advertised?

Legally it doesn't have to be advertised but internal policy may say it does.

I'd take the bird in the hand.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

you have an offer of a permanent job? take it. current employer could have made you permanent any time they wanted, but didn't.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!