Bank Statements Requested by DWP

bdunne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your response, sorry to hear about that.

Any of the multiple dwp employees have any further information?

There's no hard and fast rule... It really depends on al sorts of things such as what it's for, If it's regular, how much who it's from, how it's paid....

Sorry I probably made that as clear as mud.

Anyway, as an aside I hope that the presence of so many if us shows that actually lots of us are nice people that want to help.. Most of us don't agree with how benefits have been cut, we just get to do the dirty work & take the flak.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your response. Yes, more confused now. Say, for example in the case of fletch70 above, a regular amount paid into the bank account from a non resident friend or relative. Does that help clarify the rules?

As to your last paragraph I personally find the information provided by those who are in the front lines most helpful, I did not read any negatives into the comments regarding the presence of dwp staff at all. I understand that there are those who blame the messenger but have seen many posts on here welcoming the help from those also affected in implementing the changes.

If the first paragraph helps you to clarify an answer I'd be interested in the response.

Might be better for a decision maker to answer you- my job is to gather the facts. That sort of thing is really down to regulations.

In fletchs case I assume that was a loan pending payment of benefits - so it's fair to ask what it's for but I don't think under those circumstances it would be treated as income. However the rules for legal aid may differ

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Out of the depths of my memory (so not terribly reliable), regular 'gifts' would be income, one off gifts would be capital. So if the bank of Mum and Dad give you £200 to pay off your electric bill, then that would be capital. If Mum and Dad give you £20 a week to buy electric cards, then that would be income.

CAG : where DWP workers go to die :)

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

income based esa and jsa would be the same. There are no income or capital limits for DLA - you could be given £1,000,000 a week, or as a lump sum and it wouldn't impact your DLA entitlement.

income based esa and jsa would be the same. There are no income or capital limits for DLA - you could be given £1,000,000 a week, or as a lump sum and it wouldn't impact your DLA entitlement.

Indeed. David Cameron, who I believe is fairly wealthy, got some flack when he claimed DLA for his (now deceased) child. My view at the time was that the rules say he was entitled, so he should not have been criticised for claiming.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Where some of us would say he's was a greedy b*stard for doing so when he didn't need the money. He was/is a millionaire after all.

Imagine the flack an ordinary claimant would have got If they'd been in the same position as him and yet claimed rules or not.

Ironic that the benefit he claimed on behalf of his son is the very one he's busy trying to snatch away from those who desperately need it and aren't rolling in cash and privileges. :(

God I loathe the man.

I choose not to make those sorts of judgements - perhaps the rules should be changed so that people with his wealth are not entitled (I don't think so personally, but it's an issue on which reasonable people can disagree), but until that happens I will not condemn anyone for claiming their entitlement.

None of this should be taken as support for his policies, of course.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I choose not to make those sorts of judgements

Normally nor do I, but in case case yes I do because he and his government are the masters of condoning and criticizing how the poor run their lives. He did not need that money and yet he chose to do what he often accuses others of being and thats adding to the financial burden on our welfare system.

As I said can you imagine If this had been an ordinary claimant with extreme wealth. Their spin doctors would have have had a field day.

I choose not to make those sorts of judgements - perhaps the rules should be changed so that people with his wealth are not entitled (I don't think so personally, but it's an issue on which reasonable people can disagree), but until that happens I will not condemn anyone for claiming their entitlement.

None of this should be taken as support for his policies, of course.

I agree. At least it (should) ensure everyone one who needs dla gets it without means testing.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh I agree it shouldn't be means tested, but come on, had he no morals? He was a millionaire for gods sake. He didn't have to claim it after all. Nobody was forcing him too.

It was my own GP that first told me this info and she was livid at his behavior.

I am with Antone and Caro on this one. There is an entitlement and therefore as any other person he is entitled to claim it. By all means have an opinion but where is the cut off point, £10000, £50,000, £1million, £10 million

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

yeah what he did was legal but far from moral.

If he was claiming DLA then he is also probably clawing money back in others way such as tax avoidance.

So because he was claiming DLA is was avoiding tax? No logic

I dare say he uses accountants to minimise his tax liability but that is something completely different

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I am with Antone and Caro on this one. There is an entitlement and therefore as any other person he is entitled to claim it. By all means have an opinion but where is the cut off point, £10000, £50,000, £1million, £10 million

I don't think you get what I'm trying to say here. Of course he was entitled to claim, and I don't believe it should be means tested, but he didn't have to claim it to survive and If he was at all concerned about being a 'drain' on the tax payer (I mean christ how many times have they trotted that old line out for others) morally he shouldn't have done.

He was well off. He didn't need the money, and to me that speaks volumes about what kind of man he is.

How anyone can have a disabled son and yet appear to be completely untouched by the experience is beyond me. Then to go and and encourage others to draft regulations to restrict the same benefit to others who desperately need it is the ultimate act of cruelty.

Sorry the blokes sc*m imo.

Do we know for sure that he was claiming it?

I never thought I'd stand up for DC but I really doubt that he was unaffected by his son's disability, or his death.

Let's get back on topic now please.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes we do know. It's been written about/mentioned before.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/10/david-cameron-conference-speech-hypocrisy-compassionate-conservative-ivan_n_1953689.html

Sorry I just don't get how anyone can defend his actions.

But hey enough of that as you say and back to the topic in hand. :)

Ok so reading through these posts I come to the conclusion that it is best to recieve any gifts or help in the form of money as cash in hand and to avoid putting it through your bank account.

Ok so reading through these posts I come to the conclusion that it is best to recieve any gifts or help in the form of money as cash in hand and to avoid putting it through your bank account.

Not really as potentially that opens you up for fraud allegations.

Gifts and one of payments of help from friends and family are generally not counted as income, so best bet is to declare it and then argue the toss with a DM if they will not disregard it.

My LA has a claimant whose income as such is a gift of £200 per month from family, this is disregarded and they get full HB and CTRS. Not sure how they live on it mind.

It's in HB regs somewhere, I will see if I can find it at work later if I remember.

Not really as potentially that opens you up for fraud allegations.

Gifts and one of payments of help from friends and family are generally not counted as income, so best bet is to declare it and then argue the toss with a DM if they will not disregard it.

My LA has a claimant whose income as such is a gift of £200 per month from family, this is disregarded and they get full HB and CTRS. Not sure how they live on it mind.

It's in HB regs somewhere, I will see if I can find it at work later if I remember.

Probably not disregarded, just below the personal allowance level so they get maximum benefits.

So because he was claiming DLA is was avoiding tax? No logic

I dare say he uses accountants to minimise his tax liability but that is something completely different

it gives an indicator of his character.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks