Money laundering and other serious issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

He actually graduated with a law degree in 1975 and then began an internship in employment law under Queen's Counsel Alexander Irvine...not sure if he ever practised though.

Just for info:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

He actually graduated with a law degree in 1975 and then began an internship in employment law under Queen's Counsel Alexander Irvine...not sure if he ever practised though.

Just for info:-)

Failed and was much over shadowed by the "wicked witch" it seem so like a lot of failed lawyers entered the political arena.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Failed and was much over shadowed by the "wicked witch" it seem so like a lot of failed lawyers entered the political arena.

Looks like Tony was a Pupil but never progressed to a Tenant.

Yes it would be complicated for the solicitors to do seeing as though no such database exists!

I think you're letting your past experiences and preconceptions of solicitors cloud your judgment.

You need to get out if this mindset of "suspicion" and "accusation" of money laundering.

It's a legal requirement for the solicitor to check where hundreds of thousands of pounds of cash came from. They can't just ignore it when the individual solicitor himself/herself is the one that will potentially go to prison.

Oh and Tony Blair was a barrister, not a solicitor.

When my lady friend informed her conveyancing company that she obtained the money from the sale of a previous property how could this be checked if there is no land registry data base? Tony Blair was one of the biggest liars going which proves my point. OK so a barrister is a higher ranking professional liar compared to a solicitor.

Tony Blair has a price on his head due to being a liar and instigating illegal wars. The state also pays huge amounts of money to protect him. I therefore conclude that my past experiences and preconceptions of solicitors is based on facts and not opinions.

When my lady friend informed her conveyancing company that she obtained the money from the sale of a previous property how could this be checked if there is no land registry data base? Tony Blair was one of the biggest liars going which proves my point. OK so a barrister is a higher ranking professional liar compared to a solicitor.

Tony Blair has a price on his head due to being a liar and instigating illegal wars. The state also pays huge amounts of money to protect him. I therefore conclude that my past experiences and preconceptions of solicitors is based on facts and not opinions.

There is no database that you describe I'm afraid.

There are other ways to ascertain where funds come from. Looking at bank statements and letters from the previous conveyancing solicitors showing the completion of the previous sale.

• Haha 1

There is no database that you describe I'm afraid.

There are other ways to ascertain where funds come from. Looking at bank statements and letters from the previous conveyancing solicitors showing the completion of the previous sale.

That's interesting regarding there being no land registry data base. 28 months ago my wife disappeared.

The house is in my name only. A solicitor told me that I can legally sell this house and move on.

She also said that if I buy another property my wife's divorce solicitor will track me down using land registry records

and force me to sell the property for a divorce settlement. How can that happen if there is no land registry data base?

Elsewhere on this forum I have been told that I cannot sell my house and buy another property without being tracked down by a solicitor using the land registry. I seem to be given contradictory advice on this forum.

There is a database of every registered property and who owns them.

You can search who owns a particular property but there isn't a way to search a person's name and see what properties they own.

There are other ways to trace an individual though. Once you find out where someone lives you can then check the registry to see if that person owns it.

As much as I dislike the " grinning jackanapes" I don't think he or his behaviour has any relevance to your situation.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

My understanding (I may well be wrong) is that the land registry in theory has the function to allow a search by name, but generally does not let this search be performed for data protection reasons (I imagine it requires a court order).

If you tried to hide your money by buying property to hide your assets from your wife, eventually your wife would find out through a determined solicitor - whether that is by way of the above search, whether by an order you attend court for questioning, whether by way of getting an order for information about your bank accounts to trace the money or whether by some other method to track you down. The law makes it difficult to avoid the legal distribution of assets on divorce through trying to hide your money.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

My understanding (I may well be wrong) is that the land registry in theory has the function to allow a search by name, but generally does not let this search be performed for data protection reasons (I imagine it requires a court order).

If you tried to hide your money by buying property to hide your assets from your wife, eventually your wife would find out through a determined solicitor - whether that is by way of the above search, whether by an order you attend court for questioning, whether by way of getting an order for information about your bank accounts to trace the money or whether by some other method to track you down. The law makes it difficult to avoid the legal distribution of assets on divorce through trying to hide your money.

Thanks for your reply. Would my wife's solicitor be able to track me down if I sold my house, drew the money out of the bank in cash, then drove to another country and bought a property using the cash?

On a hypothetical note, what would happen if I sold my house then went to Ladbrokes, put the money on a horse and lost the lot?

Attending court for questioning would then be very interesting.

I am not a paralegal, I used to be, anyway, I don’t know what is the difference is between a paralegal and a solicitor? Is it that one runs around all day 5 days a week busting a gut to provide a quality professional service to the client and making sure that all Court deadlines are met etc. etc. while the other one just sits around on his fat lazy arse all day 5 days a week filling his gut and his wallet with monies paid by the client?

I don’t know Gany, you tell us.

Kind regards

The Mould

We could have a laugh for a change (and should in some respects and more often too) and crack a few gags towards the midnight hour and I would of course enjoy that. However, there is a very good filum on filum 4+1 at 10:00pm tonight called “The Lincoln Lawyer” it is a very, very, very good movie and I am signing off now to settle down and watch it, why don’t you try and watch it too, I am certain that you would find it entertaining and enjoyable, the ending is just right.

Kind regards

The Mould

What's the difference between a paralegal and a solicitor...

http://www.nationalparalegals.co.uk/solicitors_and_paralegals

There doesnt appear to be much of a difference although there are some restrictive practices.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I discovered today that my son's Paypal account is under investigation for

suspicion of money laundering. This is apparently due to him selling over £1000 worth

of goods in the last month.

My son has been selling his honestly gained posessions due to

recently becoming unemployed.

What on earth is going on here?

How can selling your own posessions on Ebay and using Paypal be considered to be

money laundering?

I have some very valuable items which I bought privately many years ago that I was considering selling on Ebay. Should I do this, I assume my account will be placed under investigation for suspected money laundering. I don't have the receipts for the items I bought years ago so I won't be able to prove where I bought them from.

Who brought in these crazy rules, Paypal or this lunatic coalition government?