style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Last week I had to make claim as we had been burgled, everything was going fine until this morning.

I recieved a call from the insurance company saying that they have done a random check and found my wife has a ccj I never told them about and the claim has now been sent to the underwriters.

Neither the wife or I knew about this ccj and Im starting to think that they will not pay the claim.

Is this likely to happen or am I stressing over nothing.

cheers

Dan

One CCJ would not affect the policy or the claim really. They just do a check on these claims, because some people will make fake claims due to their financial position.

You should just inform the Insurers that you were not aware of the CCJ at the time of giving them information.

Your wife should find out details of the CCJ and contact the court for a copy of the court claim that was made. Most claims are made through the Northampton county court bulk handling centre that deals with court claims made online.

This is a link to the central database for CCJ's.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Northampton Court 0300 123 1056 / 01604 619400

Once your wife has obtained the court claim details she can decide what to do with them. Perhaps you can post to the CAG financial legal section to see what people say. There is a process for getting a CCJ set aside, but a case would need to be made about the debt, not just that the court claim was not received.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the quick reply, I did tell the woman who phoned that I didnt know about it when I took the policy out.

Payed to check her detail on the site you suggested but couldnt find a ccj or any type of judgment against her, so I dont know what its for.

Thanks for the quick reply, I did tell the woman who phoned that I didnt know about it when I took the policy out.

Payed to check her detail on the site you suggested but couldnt find a ccj or any type of judgment against her, so I dont know what its for.

Have you moved address or changed name during the last 6 years ? If so, perhaps the CCJ is registered at a previous address or under previous name ?

If there is no sign of any CCJ, perhaps the Insurers have made a mistake.

The CCJ might also be on her credit record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A CCJ can be a problem if the Insurers ask a clear question about CCJ at the time you took out the cover and / or at any subsequent renewals, it can become a very big problem if the Insurer asked a clear question and they would not have covered you had they known about the CCJ