Wage Day Advance (Financial Difficulties)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

A work colleague is having problems with the above WDA in the setting up of a repayment plan.

They have sent letters by Royal mail signed for del and they have been delivered accordingly. Bank account has been secured.

They were requesting the setting up of a repayment plan due to extreme health problems and the fact that no company salary is now being paid, hence severe financial difficulties.

An up to date income and expenditure form was sent to them with a pro- rata offer of repayment into their Bank Account details to be provided by them and the request for all interest and charges to be frozen.

They WDA, were informed that under no circumstances would they be sent details of their bank account statements covering 60 days, which WDA had insisted upon.

This is their WDA reply.

Thank you for your recent communication in relation to your loan held with Wage Day Advance. Unfortunately if you do not provide evidence of your change of circumstances in the form of 60 days bank statements, you will not qualify for hardship and your account will remain in arrears with interest accruing daily.

As mentioned in your letter, if you do make the decision to become insolvent please send us proof of this (i.e.reference number,third party letter) and we will update your account accordingly.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Dane Cutforth

Financial Solutions.

I am sure I have read something relating in the FCA letters, of the fact that WDA should be providing/showing a provision of "FOREBEARANCE" to customers in Financial difficulties, they WDA are certainly not showing anything like "FOREBEARANCE" to someone offering to pay them.

As usual all advice/info will be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

It doesnt matter what they say qualifies for hardship. Guidance and regulation is clear. If the debtor has sent in an offer of repayment and provided a budget summary and signed it as a declaration of fact, then theres nothing they can do. They could go to court, but it would not look good for them at all if they did.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I posted this elsewhere, apologies for the duplication.

Sorry your getting grief from this company.

You've made a reasonable attempt to mediate, they've refused it. This is their problem not yours. Put a formal complaint in telling them what you're able to pay.

WDA are under scrutiny for -

• communications with customers including telephone callsicon, SMS, online, written and any other form of interaction with customers,

• the collection of payments including the use of continuous payment authorities,

• the application of fees and charges,

• the management of accounts in arrears, including the provision of appropriate forebearance to customers in financial difficulties, and

• complaints handling

http://www.fca.org.uk/your-fca/docum...e-limited-vreq

Don't be bullied, start fighting back. If they don't play ball, escalate to the ombudsman.

• Haha 1

Thank you for your swift replies it is greatly appreciated.

Guidance and regulation are indeed clear and I definately will not allow them to bully, if WDA do not want to be re-paid you know where you can go.

Bring it on.:whoo:

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Re #5 above,letter of complaint was sent to WDA 7th July and received by them signature obtained on the 9th July.

Nothing heard from them until this morning 26th August, when I received a letter from a lady (unknown to me) from the Norwich area, in which she has forwarded a letter from WDA addressed to me, with Private and Confidential information included in it and dated dated 1st August and which was included along with 3 other letters marked (Private and Confidential) to different people inside a letter addressed to herself.

A Rebecca Greengrass, Quality and Compliance Administrator being the sender. The lady from Norwich has lodged a formal complaint to the FOS.

All advice/info regarding my actions to take will be as usual be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Can I just check? WDA have sent yours and others, personal information onto another 3rd party??

Total incompetence. Use this as evidence for your FOS complaint but also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner straight away as it's clear they've a disregard for the ICO rules.

Hello All,

Response from WDA ref.#1 above.

Dear *** ********

I write in regards to a complaint you have made against Wage Day Advance, the nature of your complaint being:

Your claim to financial hardship and subsequent offer of repayment were not accepted on the basis that you did not supply bank statements.

Thank you for raising this complaint with our company and allowing us the time to investigate this matter. On behalf of Wage Day Advance I have now completed my investigation and can provide you with a full and final response to your complaint.

I can confirm that Wage Day Advance do require bank statements to verify the income and expenditure form that you have sent into us. Please note that we are more than willing to help you whilst you are in financial hardship, but we are unable to enter you into a long term hardship plan without the requested documents.

I appreciate in your letter that you will not be providing us with bank statements, therefore I would advise you to to speak with a Non Profitable Debt Management Company for Impartial further assistance. Please see below for their contact details

PAY PLAN

STEP CHANGE

Wage Day Advance pride itself on delivering good customer service and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write in and allowing us the time to investigate this matter thoroughly.

I trust that the above explanation is satisfactory in allaying any concerns you may have however if you are not completely satisfied with outcome of my investigation you may refer this matter to the Financial Ombudsman and ask for an independent review within six months of the date of this e-mail.

Please reference your complaint at http://www.Financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.com to assist you with your decision.

Yours Sincerely,

Ella Edwards

Compliance Administrator.

All advice /info will as usual be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Anyone with further thoughts/info/action re my recent reply from WDA, #9 refers.

All or any input will be as usual greatly received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

WDA claim “I can confirm that Wage Day Advance do require bank statements to verify the income and expenditure form that you have sent into us”. Send them a basic I&E form available from the National Debtline website and ask WDA which specific piece of regulation today allows them to request such personal evidence? If they can’t provide it, take their final response and take it to FOS. Don’t allow this complaint to rest.

I’d also ask -

Has interest been suspended on the account? If not, why?

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/information/dealing-with-creditors/Pages/default.aspx

What’s happening with the DPA breach? You could be cheeky and raise a separate complaint regarding their breach of data protection. This would of course result in a 2nd complaint to FOS (and a 2nd bill of £550 to be paid by WDA). Whatever you decide here, please make sure the ICO are aware.

toptrapper,

Thank you for the excellent advice,it is greatly appreciated.

Signed for del letter with Formal Complaint already sent to WDA re the DPA.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Edited by JGJ
ADDED TEXT