style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi I am in very similar situation as Tim. I also live in Jersey and am the victim of Everest's handy work. Over 4 years ago we spent over £40k on new windows, front, balcony and bi-folding doors and GRP'ing of our flat roof. The main roof has leaked twice. Water appears to be getting in under the GRP roofing on the porch. We have large damp patches caused by water ingress. The bi-folding door doesn't lock properly Windows are draughty and noisy. The panels below our windows have blown because water is getting in I have employed a surveyor and his reports makes disturbing reading, which has been passed to my solicitor, who has contacted Everest but are longer answering his letters. They have as good called us liars saying we had denied them access to rectify the problems. But how many times do you let the same people, who did the original fitting, in to put their work right ? On the advice of my solicitor I let their local Installations Manager in with my surveyor in attendance. My surveyor went through every point in the report and there are many ! Everest's representative had to agree with everything and told us we would have a response within a week. Well that was two months ago and we haven't heard a peep from them. My solicitor has written to them but nothing !! We have to live with this for over three years, not being able to redecorate because of the leaks. It no longer feels like home and we want to sell up. But these people have de-valued our property and we would have to put their work right before we could sell. I am at my wits end and short of publishing the report in the local press and putting up banners like Tim's, I don't know what to do.

Edited by Steve_Goodwin

Hi Steve.

Firstly, your story sounds sadly familiar, many people in the island contacted me over the years I was fighting them with similar stories, but there was still no support from local authorities, neither ministers nor Trading Standards (they are not worthy of the name in Jersey as they admit themselves!). Thank god for forums such as these.

I don't know if this is OK by the forum mods, but I am more than happy to meet up with you in person and discuss your problems and we can see if we can find a way forward - I have contacts at Everest (or at least their lawyers) and I am sure we can get this sorted for you. I suspect they don't want more publicity as their franchise (for want of a better word) changed hands soon after we publicised their antics ;).

Please don't leave an email address in a post for privacy's sake, but feel free to phone me (I am in the local phone book) or PM me in these forums if you prefer and we can meet up.

I feel it's time to get these monkeys out of Jersey once a for all.

Kind regards,

Tim.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tim Apologies, We have had some success and I didn't want to rock the boat ! I emailed the new Everest CEO Roy Saunders, referring to his article in the Telegraph saying how he wanted to improve Everest's image and reputation. So I said perhaps he could start by sorting my problem and within 24hours I had an apologetic email from Everest's legal department. Whom, up until this point either never answered any correspondence or on the rare occasion, they did, they were just difficult. Since then we've had someone over from the UK to review the installation and has agreed the new flat roof has to come off and be replaced, the patio doors have to come out and be refitted. They are sending teams over from the UK to rectify the problems. However, I was told I would receive an email last Monday confirming dates, but as yet I've not had it. They were supposed to either start this coming Monday or the following Monday. So I guess it ain't gonna be this Monday ! It was all going so well ! Going to have to chase them (again !!)

Well done! More contact than we had in 4 years. I suspect the threat of more bad publicity is the reason, rather than a willingness to help, but whatever works :)

They will draw this out in an attempt to get you to give up or until ill health intervenes, so keep your foot on the throat so to speak.

Appalling company, good luck!