VCS---PCN @Liverpool Airport **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i would be grateful for any up-to-date advice on private P.C.N,s. I have just received one from VCS for allegedly, STOPPING on a ROADWAY WHERE STOPPING is PROHIBITED. They are demanding £60 now, and £100 if not paid within 2 weeks. I recently went to Liverpool Airport. On my arrival i was looking for CAR PARK 2, at the roundabout at the airport i could not see which way to go, so i drove carefully/slowly up the approach road. I noticed in my rear mirror a white van come RACING off the roundabout like a spider on it,s web when a fly is caught. It pulled up on the other side of the road behind me as i approached a barrier with an intercom to ask for help. This was at approx 10:30pm. On the intercom i was directed to reverse a little bit, then to go into CAR PARK 1 and come straight back out again and back to the roundabout and that it was ok. I followed his instructions, at the exit barrier of CAR PARK 1 there were two men assisting with any problems at the barriers. because new parking measures were being implemented that very day. I told them what had happened and they let me out and directed me to CAR PARK 2. Then i received the PCN with a photo of my car at the barrier. I hope this is not to long winded. Thanks in advance.:mad2::-x

Thanks for your reply armadillo71, by NTK i assume you mean the PCN, am i correct ?. I received the PCN 10 days after the alleged incident, but what proof do they have of that ?. On the notice it says, if you are the vehicle keeper and have you not received this notice by the 14th day of the contravention date stated above, our rights under POFA 2012 no longer apply. This notice will be deemed to have been served on the second working day after posting unless the contrary is proved.

vcs love behaving like this. what did they expect you to do upon reaching a barrier, crash through it?

a simple response saying that the image sent is self-evident, your car is halted by the actions of their employees or agents and that is the end of the matter as far as you are concerned and you expect them to cancel their ridiculous claim forthwith or provide a POPLA code.

this will cost them money, they will undoubtedly lose and they may well drop the matter with a "warning".

• Confused 1

You appeal as registered keeper stating that you are not liable for this charge.

No loss has occurred to the land owner by the vehicle using the airport.

Please cancel this charge or issue me with a valid code for Popla.

Hi everyone, Thanks for the advice, but if i appeal, will that just encourage them to hound me? What can happen if i just ignore the parasites.

If you don't appeal , that is when you WILL get hounded...

A simple appeal to vcs and they have to cancel charge or issue you with a POPLA code.

One correctly worded appeal to POPLA and the charge will get cancelled.

• Confused 1

I was wondering if the deceit that has been practiced by Wonga with regards to letters from fake solicitors and debt collectors is also the norm for these parking companies. has anybody challenged this? I think it is obvious they are all coming from the same operation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, Having e-mailed V.C.S., refusing to accept their ridiculous claim. they have now replied and cancelled the notice. I would like to say thanks to Armadillo71 and ericsbrother for the advice offered to me.

Well done!

For future reference, could you post up your ' appeal ' and VCS's cancellation response? ( redacted of personal info of course. )

Hi again, this was my appeal.

To whom it may concern, with regards to the above P.C.N. As the registered keeper named on your P.C.N. I am not liable for this charge. The images sent in your photo,s are self evident. Did you expect me to just crash through the barrier after reaching it, without stopping.

My car was halted by the actions of your employees or agents.

Furthermore, this is not relevant land for P.O.F.A. 2012. No loss has occurred to the land owner by the vehicle using the airport.

As far as i am concerned, that is the end of the matter. I expect you to cancel your ridiculous claim forthwith or provide a P.O.P.L.A. code.

In response to your automated email asking for my full name and address, you already have that information as it was on the P.C.N. you sent to me, courtesy of your friends at the D.V.L.A.

Below is V.C.S,s cancellation response.

Dear Mr +++++++,

We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence received on ££ ££££ ££££ in relation to the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

After due consideration we have decided to accept your representations and the Notice has now been cancelled.

We must advise that it is not our intention to pursue drivers with genuine mitigating circumstances, and for this reason the Notice will be cancelled. We kindly ask however, that on future visits to site you do fully comply with the Terms and Conditions at the car park to avoid further Notices being issued.

We trust you find this outcome satisfactory and thank you for your future co-operation.