• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Finally.... MMF Appears...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys

I'm a little concerned, I've been delaing with MMF for quite some time now and last November they "Lost" my letter which had proof to close these accounts... Now ive just logged online to Experian for the first time...

MOTORMILE FINANCE ...

Pay Day Loans

Default £168 06/04/2014

MOTORMILE FINANCE ...

Account Updated to: 06/04/2014

Date of Birth:

Account Type: Pay Day Loans

Started: 02/02/2012

Current Balance: £168

Default Date: 16/02/2012

Default Balance: £138

View Account Status Details:

Account Status Details

(1-12 months):

Last Updated 06/04/2014

£168

To give you some idea, they started reporting it in April this year,

The account listed was fraudulent along with the other 2 accounts they hold.

I don't know what to do anymore with MMF, I want the account/s removed... But I know MMF wont listen...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

ICO, FCA and FOS complaint. Especially as theyve listed the default as april this year. You need to report it to everyone. The more publicity MMF get about their unlawful practices, the faster theyll get shut down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not according to what you posted it isnt. It says it at the bottom, but at the top it says 2014. Could just be me, but i would still get the regulators involved as they refuse to remove an entry that is clearly invalid. Infact, i would demand compensation too as it is clearly fraudulent but they refuse to listen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I think it is just poorly worded, but it is confusing and may be misinterpreted as being a default in 2014 (which is I think the date MMF acquired the debt).

Do you have all the data on the fraud matter?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I see your point Brig... It can be take as defaulted this year...

Although further down it says the default date. Anyhow... Yes i do have all of the paperwork etc.

Im tempted to send another copy of the letter, but im worried they will "Misplace" it again. I have no trust of any DCA but MMF are a nightmare

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I see your point Brig... It can be take as defaulted this year...

Although further down it says the default date. Anyhow... Yes i do have all of the paperwork etc.

Im tempted to send another copy of the letter, but im worried they will "Misplace" it again. I have no trust of any DCA but MMF are a nightmare

That entry is defamatory imo, a letter before action would be my next step.

Dealing with a similar matter elsewhere I suggested sending an LBA by a courier service to confirmed delivery proof a small cost in relation to the damage caused I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Think the dates were bought up because someone else had posted their own situation.

Edited by ims21

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I brought up the dates because you said that the date of default could be interpeted as 2014 when that is clearly the date of update. Date of update and default date are entirely seperate. I am not being disrespectful by pointing out the fact that these dates are two entirely seperate things. Fkofilee - you say we have all seen what MMF can do, have we? Why do people on this forum keep saying that it doesn't happen then? Saying it doesn't happen so you don't have to admit you are wrong doesn't help anyone. It is happening whether people say it is or not.

Surely if this account is fraudulent then it doesn't matter what the credit file says as the OP should be proactive in getting the fraudulent account removed anyway?

Exactly IMS, in a previous thread about this, i Spoke to actionfraud again and registered yet another case with them.

I even sent a letter to them with distinct proof from the bank in question advising the account was fraudulent and the transaction were not my issue.

MMF signed for that letter on the 15th November last year. I spoke to Barry 7 days later... What did i get?

"Weve never received it" , yet when supplied with proof they had done from Royal Mails website (Recorded Delivery... Im not that silly), they say they couldnt find it... It was directed to Barry himself!!!!!

Signed for at protection house... :sigh:

Ive tried everything, I even emailed the team at MMF and Barry last week, when i found this account, he catorgorically promised the account would NOT be put on my CRF and the accounts would remain on permanent hold. Last week they will still on hold but no response from Barry.

Ive been as proactive as i possibly can...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thread tidied.

What needed "tidying" ims???

My post remove Ocelots left in place very strange.

Hi IMS

Ive been through and found it, sorry for creating a new thread.

Also, why do i need to go to the ICO... I shouldn't have too in the first place, but im considering it right now.

Please remember i was also asked by Bazza to leave CAG...

Edited by ims21

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi IMS

Ive been through and found it, sorry for creating a new thread.

Ah ok got you...I have edited your post for obvious reasons.

Also, why do i need to go to the ICO... I shouldn't have too in the first place, but im considering it right now.

Well if you want it resolved and MMF are not doing anything then you need to get the appropriate bodies involved.

Please remember i was also asked by Bazza to leave CAG... Eh? Maybe you ought to PM me on this

See above in blue

• 4 months later...

So my issue with MMF is STILL ongoing. This has been an ongoing saga for the last year and 3 months. It has no sign of stopping.

I have had more accounts appear on my CRF for Cash Genie and the same from before. All of these accounts are Fraudulent and i gave MMF everything they needed. But STILL Nothing.

They advised they had conducted their own "Investigations" in which they decided that they are still going to pursue me for these regardless.

As this has been going on for nearly 15 months and Im still pursuing them. Have i lost my right to refer this to the Ombudsman?

Pat and Barry @ MMF Say "Yes you have"

Im thinking "No I Havent"

FYI Accounts are listed below;

Original Creditor: Cash Genie

Current Balance: £1,643.00

Motormile Reference: M1081430

Original Creditor: Quid 24

Current Balance: £375

Original Creditor: Cheque Centres

Current Balance: £167.81

Original Creditor: Cheque Centres

Current Balance: £167.81

Original Creditor: Wage Day Advance

Current Balance: £139.20

Whats interesting, When checking with the Cheque Centres, they confirmed that it was just one loan... Not 2 :/

Im struggling here.... I need help and Im now not sure where to turn to.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Get the FCA and FOS involved here. Get complaints into everyone and stop worrying. Ignore what the PDL's say about their own investigations. They are likely to be sat in an office and say " This guy says these accounts are ID theft." Second guy simply says " Ignore him and chase him. he'll probably pay up anyway".

Get the FCA and FOS involved here. Get complaints into everyone and stop worrying. Ignore what the PDL's say about their own investigations. They are likely to be sat in an office and say " This guy says these accounts are ID theft." Second guy simply says " Ignore him and chase him. he'll probably pay up anyway".

Its not the PDL that say that... Its MMF that say that.... And they now own these debts, not administer them.

They have now asked for Bank statements... Do i entertain this as i really dont want too... This would involve me sending statements for an account that has nothing to do with this situation as these loans were apparently paid into a fraudulent account for Cash Genie etc and the other loans were taken out F2F.

I have an issue because around that time my passport was stolen and only had a few months left on it. It was taken by the individual that caused this and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

MMF pay as well be a PDL. However the response will still be the same. You know how MMF operate, this shouldnt be a surprise. The guys behind it do not care about the law/regulation. They are in it purely to make money and they dont care how they get it as long as they do.

MMF pay as well be a PDL. However the response will still be the same. You know how MMF operate, this shouldnt be a surprise. The guys behind it do not care about the law/regulation. They are in it purely to make money and they dont care how they get it as long as they do.

Yeah i know. Im just stuck on this one. Im frightened that the FOS wont help as this has been going on for so long.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fos can help at any time. The only pre-requisite is that you exhaust the companies own complaints procedures first. If you have proof its id theft, then get action fraud involved, and get the crime number. FOS and MMF cannot shrug it off then.