• Tweets

• @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • It can be frustrating when clients fail to pay for services or products rendered, ignore payment reminders, or claim an inability to pay. How quick do you pass to a Debt Collection Agency like www.corporatedebtrecovery.co.uk 
    • The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie. Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away. Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour. Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was. You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Iqor & Halifax Loan.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bank of Scotland loan taken out Jan 2009 for £8,000

have loan agreement that shows with interest, amount repayable will be £13,126 repayable at £136.73 per month.

By September 2009 I had suffered financial problems to which various fees were applied to the account,

Default notice was issued and received in the post May 2010.

Date on my Experian report shows 6 months later than issued?

Iqor took the debt over in July 2010 and it has been with them ever since,

to date I have repaid £5,340 and as of April 2014 the balance payable reads £9,846

I have letter stating interest/charges were stopped from April 2009

however on the yearly statements interest is clearly shown on statements

and out weighs the payments I make each month.

Loan was for £8k if I have repaid £5,340 then balance should be around the 3k mark.

the rest is interest that is added at start of loan and broken down each month so I was informed when I enquired back in 2011.

Thoughts and questions please and advice.....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

whose the freezing of interest and charges from?

and you can reclaim all those fixed fee penalty charges.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Think I understand your question,

Have Two letters from Bank of Scotland, complaints department dated 15th October 2010

Part of letter reads:

when you notified us of your financial difficulties,

we should have stopped adding interest and charges to your account,

I am sorry that we did not do this.

All charges and interest for April to June have been refunded to your account,

your account was passed to our recovery agents Blair, Oliver and Scott on 30th June at which time we stopped charging you.

A second letter dated 21st October was sent to me, part of it reads,

the full interest is added at the start of the agreement, and is broken down monthly,

in relation to interest and charges applied to your credit card, I see you did inform us of your financial difficulties in April 2010

therefore I feel all charges and interest should of stopped at this point,

to put things right I have now refunded all interest and charges that were applied.

Yet although I was paying B O and S now Iqor,

I receive yearly statements from Bank of Scotland and it shows interest been added,

hence why the debt has lowered so slowly

I was thinking of doing a CRA or SAR to get full confirmation of amount owed ?

However I keep everything that is sent to me, hence why I have a mountain of paperwork for each debt.

One letter states the loan is a credit card, the other calls it a account, a third letter calls it a loan....

If bank of Scotland state no interest is been added,

yet they statements show it is,

and the balance to the payments made,

indicate interest and charges are been added,

who's door do I go knocking to get this issue corrected,

Iqor or Bank of Scotland

As I state in above thread,

loan was for £8k I have repaid £5,340 so why balance still £9,846 as of May 2014

if interest and charges were ceased

then balance would be near the £3k mark correct..

. do I contact Iqor or write direct to B of S all over again many thanks..

I'm still going through the paperwork for the other four debts bear with me thanks will post soon.

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I would send iqor a CCA request

and also send them a copy of the letter where by the OC says they are not charging interest

and dispute the claimed balance

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

I have a debt with Halifax that I am repaying monthly via Iqor at a rate to which I felt comfortable.

The debt is to drop of my credit file in September 2016

The loan taken was for £8K plus £5,126.08 interest total £13,126.08 repayable.

Having repaid for some months I got into problems, and reduced the monthly payment to one I could afford,

see old thread....

I got the interest etc stopped and got repaid charges over time....

Today I got my yearly statement and low and behold the INTREST has been re added to the balance ??

so the balance I thought I owed has now increased by nearly £4.5K what a shocker....

The credit file shows the debt still in the hands of Halifax,

but getting collected by Iqor, who over the last 6 months have sent letters offering discounted figures to settle the debt,

which I guessed would happen when the 6 year drop of date approaches.

Are Iqor or the Halifax allowed to re add the intrest after agreeing to drop the intrest many years ago..

. NONE of my other debts that I am repaying and due to drop of the credit file in the next two months have re added interest...

Thoughts please..

.. Guess I have to send them a copy of there OWN letter dated back in 2010

showing intrest was stopped by them in writing.

posts moved over for you.

as said before

i cant understand why you are paying a DCA when they don't even OWN the debt.

all they are doing is taking a cut of the money you pay them

and the dribble is going to Halifax.

anyway.

I would suspect the discount is the extra interest

how about sending IQOR a CCA request

see if they can cough on that

an SAR to Halifax wouldn't go amiss either

along with a copy of the frozen int letter

asking what the beep do iqor think they are upto.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

had a reply today,

am attempting to scan and up load they letter,

would add that the contents of their letter is puzzling,

as I really don't think the reply relates to the CCA I sent them.

The only information that I can relate to is my name and address LOL

Do bear with me while I try up load the reply...

. Have SAR Halifax no reply as loadz time for them to reply yet...

sri links are down

upload

go advance bottom right of these msg boxes

hit manage attachment after that further down

dx

and they

Just upload it...

Go advanced

Manage attachment

Bottom right of these msg boxes

and they

Okay seem to be having troubles up loading, so will copy and paste the letter/reply as word ....

Thank you for recent communication regarding the above-mentioned account.

akinika Debt Recovery Ltd has received the account with reference— from our client, for collection on the 12th July 2010.

Please be advised that there is no deed of assignment for the above-mentioned account as the title deeds for the debt remain with our Client, LBG whom we believe to be the original creditor.

akinika Debt Recovery Ltd act on an agent basis in this matter.

Our Client has instructed us to collect the balance on their behalf.

It is our Client's decision to ask us to handle this case and we reserve the right to communicate regarding repayment of this debt as and when appropriate,

We understand from our Client, that a letter has been issued to you to advise that we are authorised to deal with this matter on their behalf.

We are a legitimately appointed agent of the creditor pursuing settlement of what we understand to be an undisputed, overdue and outstanding debt.

We are a licensed debt collection agency.

Our full Company registration details are shown at the bottom of this letter.

We confirm that we act on an agent basis in this mater,

We agree that you have no contract with our Company,

however, we do not write to you to enforce any alleged Rights on our own behalf.

We have been instructed by our Client, LBG, whom we understand to be your creditor, to contact you regarding settlement of what we understand to be an undisputed, overdue and outstanding debt under a contract between the creditor and yourself.

Please be advised that should you wish anyone to stop processing data about you a Data Protection

Act 1998 notice must be served to the Data Controller not the Data Processor and we act in this case

akinika Debt Recovery Ltd have not purchased this debt, but act in the capacity of an agent on behalf of our Client, we therefore decline to answer your question regarding money laundering as this is not relevant

You have requested validation of the debt.

Debt validation (and verification) we believe is a concept originating in the United States of America under the United States Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

This legislation does not apply in the United Kingdom and therefore we will not be providing you with a sworn affidavit as requested.

We note your comments regarding damages payable to you or payment if in the future this account is withdrawn from akinika Debt Recovery Ltd, we cannot agree to pay any monies that you believe are owed by us.

We have placed your account on hold and have requested proof of debt from our client, Capital Bank, which will be forwarded to ourself once it has been received.

Don't understand the reply they sent, as I never mentioned money laundering or damages infact I only sent a CCA request and this is the reply I got see above. thanks

sounds like to me you sent them the freemen of the land three letter trick not our CCA request?

anyhow

ignore them

pay the owner of the debt directly not some third party.

as you say this is still under Halifax on your cra file and not bee sold.??

who are LBG? I assume Lloyds banking group.

so that confirms you ignore the power less DCA's

they don't own the debt

and they

Hi DX100uk

was the CCA request letter from the sites Library that I used for ALL the CCa's I sent off last week.

the account was bank of Scotland when taken out,

but is now part of Halifax don't know what LBG is on letter..

. as all statements come from Halifax

I'm guessing this letter headed name AKINIKA is part of Iqor as they are the company that I make payments to (Iqor) whom I thought was a little office within the Halifax group. ?

nope iqor/AKINIKA are a powerless dca nothing to do with Halifax

LBG will be Lloyds bank group

BOS are HBOS Halifax and bank of Scotland

and some of those dated debts are now LBG

Halifax were a part of.

and they

Thanks for that. will wait now to see what comes in post in future. will post on this account when more info arrives. thanks for deleting and cleaning thread.

I was thinking the same, or the reply relates to someone else's letter and their got mine lol will await until any more replies come through. cheers. 12=2 days have passed already

we've seen them reply like this before

and they