CRS Civil recovery please help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok , so were do i start ,im 34 years old and have been suffering from depression , and recently had my medication reduced, which affected me and i have never committed any crime before but went and stole several drills from b&q , which now i have had my medication corrected am absolutely mortified at what ive done and cannot explain why i have done it, ive been arrested and are currently on bail but not charged yet

Well i have now received a letter from civil recovery solutions requesting i pay a sum of 3100 but if pay within 14 days it will be reduced to 2450 , please help me and any advice on what to i can do as i dont have this sort of money and cant sleep with worry

I've deleted your duplicate thread.

You are being dealt with by the police; make sure that your solicitor is aware of your mental health issues.

As far as CRS are concerned, what do they claim the sum of £3100 is made up of? Can you either scan the letter and post it as a PDF (without any identifying details), or type up what it says please.

Did you get caught in B&Q? If you did, were the drills taken back from you in a sellable condition (undamaged and in packaging if applicable)?

What do you think they were worth?

Or did you get away and got caught selling them maybe.

thanks for deleting it, yes the solicitor is aware of it

ok will type it

Civil recovery solutions have been instructed by bq to bring a claim against you to recover compensation for loss and consequential damages arising from incidents that took place at a number of bq stores between 1st may and 6th of may, the goods in question belonged to our client and your actions at that time amounted to a wrongful interference with our clients goods, our client is therefor seeking to bring a claim against you under the torts act 1977

The value of the claim is an amount that covers the value of the goods(if appropriate) and an amount that compensated our client for the investigation costs, security costs and administration coststhat they incurred as a consequence of your actions

if this claim is not settled within 21 days of this notice our client will have no option but to consider issuing court proceedings, If court proceedings are issued the court any failure to respond to correspondence when making orders for costs and interest, if you intend to deny liability then we would be grateful to recieve from you within 14 days full details of grounds on which you intend to defend the claim. I n addiditionwe would be gratefull if you could provide us with any copies of any documents on which you wish to rely

our client is prepares to accept a reduced figure of 2479.10 in order to settle this claim, This offer is open for a period of 21 days

at the top of the page it says claim value 3100

Did you get caught in B&Q? If you did, were the drills taken back from you in a sellable condition (undamaged and in packaging if applicable)?

What do you think they were worth?

Or did you get away and got caught selling them maybe.

I got caught in bq and arrested, all drills were returned in brand new unopened condition , i hadnt sold any of them, to be honest im not sure why i was doing it, value wise i would say in total a 1000 worth of goods

Hi hybrid12

If you can't see a solicitor, consider going to CAB who have access to solicitors, so they can put any mitigating circumstances i.e. your health/medication in your defence. It might be an idea to go to your Doctor to get a letter/report help to explain how your health resulted in the incident, take that to CAB.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

CRS havent been instructed to do bugger all. They heard about you taking stuff, and think they can con money out of you. Ignore the silly beggars and deal with the more important stuff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

CRS havent been instructed to do bugger all. They heard about you taking stuff, and think they can con money out of you. Ignore the silly beggars and deal with the more important stuff.

So do you think they will end up giving up? i just dont want to be left with a even bigger bill

CRS cannot do anything. Theyre just a stupid company that thinks they can. The first question the courts would ask, if they were to get a claim going, would be, how do they come to that amount, when there was no loss to the company?

Have a good read of this forum. Youll see what theyre like.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

CRS are very similar to Retail Loss Prevention and as such you should read as many threads as possible to get an idea of what they are like. CRS do the same stuff.

As you are being dealt with by the police, this should be the end of it as far as B&Q are concerned. They got the stuff back in saleable condition so no loss. The security staff are paid whether they apprehend a shoplifter or not so no loss there so this 'invoice' from CRS is basically bog paper. You do not need to get into letter tennis with them.

With the amount they are claiming, they will try very hard to get you to pay so, in my opinion, you send them one letter:

"Any liability to you or any company you claim to represent is denied."

That is all. They will send more letters, they will pass it on to a DCA and they may even try it on with a tame solicitor but at the end of the day, only a judge can make this speculative invoice into a debt.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

So do you think they will end up giving up? i just dont want to be left with a even bigger bill

They will send more desperate begging letters, but their claim has no real basis in law; the goods were recovered, and all the costs they mention are overheads, and not losses flowing from your actions. It's important to note that CRS can't take you to court anyway - only B&Q can do that, and it's most unlikely.

Silver fox has given you the one-liner to send.

You might, when you go in front of the Magistrates, and if convicted, be ordered to pay some sort of compensation. That would be entirely legal, and very different to CRS's faux 'damages'.

All civil recovery operators rely on bullying and scaring people into paying them. You will need some resolve to manage their threats, but remember that all they can do is send letters. See your GP or counsellor if you need help - or come here. We won't judge you, and we know the civil recovery industry's tactics well.

guys thanks so much for the help,thats put my mind at rest, been back to the gp and they have increased my medication and sent me to counselling

when i write the letter should i put in the reasons why i wont be paying? eg items were recovered, staff costs are overheads or just the one liner i deny liability?

IMO just send a one line letter to CRS. Something along the lines of " Any and All liability to you is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into".

This company are chancing their luck at grabbing money from you. The police anc courts are dealing with you as per the law. CRS are a private company and will try anything to make you give them money or admit in writing that you will do so. Send the letter and ignore the idiots.

IMO just send a one line letter to CRS. Something along the lines of " Any and All liability to you is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into".

This company are chancing their luck at grabbing money from you. The police anc courts are dealing with you as per the law. CRS are a private company and will try anything to make you give them money or admit in writing that you will do so. Send the letter and ignore the idiots.

Absolutely agree. You have no need to send them mitigating circumstances. That is for the courts, not some petty little company.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This advice is in relation to, if the police pursue the matter.

Hi hybrid12

If you can't see a solicitor, consider going to CAB who have access to solicitors, so they can put any mitigating circumstances i.e. your health/medication in your defence. It might be an idea to go to your Doctor to get a letter/report help to explain how your health resulted in the incident, take that to CAB.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

It's really important that your letter to CRS states only:

Any liability to you or your client is denied. No correspondence will be entered into.

and nothing else.

Do not be tempted to get into explanations, mitigation or anything else. If they write again, just come back here.

It's really important that your letter to CRS states only:

and nothing else.

Do not be tempted to get into explanations, mitigation or anything else. If they write again, just come back here.

ok many thanks i will send a letter only stating that

I'm not saying the police will, but they might send a 'Postal Requisition', but deal with that if and when it happens.

I'm thinking that might happen because of the value of the goods. If you get sent one, post back here.

ive seen this letter as a template , what do you think?

Thank you for your letter of xxx.

It appears you are non-compliant with civil procedure, in that you have failed to state a discernible case against me and you have failed to show me the documents on which you intend to rely. That is to say, your letter discloses no evidence and no case. Your letter also is not a Letter of Claim.

Until and unless you comply with civil procedure by providing a heading "Letter of Claim" AND disclose all the evidence on which you intend to rely AND disclose your legal case, as is required by civil procedure, I am not only unable to respond but quite unable to understand why you are making these demands.

Further, you make unlawful threats against me which as already explained fall outside of legal protection. I reserve my position as to whether I will pursue you, and/or your "client" (assuming it is true you act for them), in the criminal and civil jurisdictions.

Yours

No.

Seriously. Just post the letter i stated above. Nothing more. We can deal with bigger letters, if and when we need to.

No.

Seriously. Just post the letter i stated above. Nothing more. We can deal with bigger letters, if and when we need to.

ok all good will send the letter you advised tomorrow morning