London Parking Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not a ticket

its a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Does it have the correct VRN?

Or is the whole tkt wrong?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Whatever you do, dont contact them as currently they have no idea who you are.

It is a claim for a breach of contract so it is for them to make all of the running.

If they want to and are able to pursue the matter they must write to you

between 28 and 56 days after putting the "ticket" on your windscreen.

As they havent given you the correct ticket they are doomed to failure with their claim

but just in case they slapped a ticket with your car details on someone else's car

keep the ticket ready for the next contact.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

I don't actually own the car (but I'll call it my car to make it easier to explain) and the car was being driven by my dad. But the guy took a picture of me because I took a picture of him issuing the invoice. Will that affect the situation?

My car and the other car were parked next to each other, we were standing like a few feet from my car as we had just finished unloading and it appears that the guy wrote the invoice inside his van and didn't realise we were there. But as he has gone to put the ticket on the car, he had seen us and seemed to rush and put the invoice on both cars. But in his haste to escape, he put the wrong invoice on each car.

He took pictures of the my car parked infront of the garage with the sign clearly displayed that the car should not be parked but would it be wise to reply, stating we were unloading? Also the I know the guy who owns the garage, so should I get him to say we unloaded stuff into his garage?

I managed to take pictures of the guy who issued the invoice and his van which was also parked in the private road so I could not get out. Will that help my case?

two wrongs certainly dont make a right so wait for the letter through the post in 4-8 weeks time. If it is outside these timings then that is non compliant with the legislation so they cant take the matter further with the owner of the vehicle.

Whilst you are waiting for the demand through the post have a good look at the signage in the car park and see what it says regarding breaches of the conditions and also find out who owns the car park. Knowing these datails will help with any appeal to POPLA you may have to make.

You say you are not the registered keeper. So you must inform them (if they don't already know) , that they may receive something in the post which you will deal with.

The timings are crucial, so dates of letters received should be noted and nothing thrown away.

Ultimately, you will not be paying any money to LPS...

How do they intend to enforce the tax disc validity? The new regulations allow a period of 14 days grace for the displaying of a valid tax disc at renewal time. This requires the renewal application to have been made before the old road tax expires. The police would not show the slightest interest within the 14 day grace period. Anyway, tax discs are soon to become a thing of the past.

"If you park on this land contravening the parking restrictions you agreeing to accept the parking charges as posted on your vehicle".

So in another words, at the time someone parks there, they are only agreeing to the charges that are on their car? So if there isn't a ticket on your car at the time you parked, then you don't agree?

Anyway, they put the wrong ticket on the car. This won't go far. Wait for the notice to owner to come through. Then appeal to LPS and demand a POPLA code to appeal further.

since when has it ever been a requirement to have a tax disc on private land...

stuff all to do with them.

just another way of these PPC's trying to spoof the public.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

So I've received the Notice To Registered Keeper in the post and it is within the 28 - 56 day period.

How should I appeal this so called PCN?

Thanks

London Parking Solutions are not members of the BPA.

So no POPLA.

They are members of the IPC.

You have twenty one days to appeal to them.

Can you post up a redacted copy of the rejection letter please?

Looking back at the sign, I see it has the BPA logo on it.

London Parking Solutions joined the IPC on 25/3/14.

A pre requisite for joined the IPC was all signage was compliant with the code of practice.

Clearly not the case here.

And the sign tries to be a contractual charge, but is not.

' if you park on this land contravening the parking restrictions you are agreeing to pay the parking charges... '

You cannot agree to something you are not allowed to do...

I just noticed something else about this sign, and I think I'm right in my reading of it.

London Parking Solutions are a Limited Company, and thereby, under those (legal) requirements, must, by law, display their registered office address, which must be a physical address, not a PO Box number, on any written article that concerns your business.

The .gov.uk website says "You can use a PO Box, but you must also include a physical address and postcode eg PO Box 123, 1 High Street, Anytown, SW1A 1AA."

So this sign/company are certainly falling foul of that, and I dare say that they aren't the only ones :wink:

It'd be a giggle to report them to Companies House and give them some more headaches lol

And for information...

LONDON PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD

104 COLNEY ROAD

DARTFORD

KENT

DA1 1UH

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hey guys,

So as expected, the appeal was rejected on the grounds that "no valid permit on display"

I'll send a copy of letter asap.

So what should I appeal against,

1) Wrong ticket being issued?

2) Unloading not parked?

3) Does it take 1 minute to write a ticket and place it on a car? The wrong ticket placed on my vehicle says 12:49 and the Notice to registered keeper says 12:50........I also have a picture of the guy ticketing the vehicle adjacent to mine and the driver of my vehicle at the car door in the same shot, which means he wrote the tickets out prior to finishing dealing with one car, could I use that to appeal?

4) Car was blocked in whilst unloading, as the owner of the shop parked his van behind the vehicle, hence unable to move, would that be an appeal?

Here are the letters n ticket I got on the car.

The notice numbers r suspicious.....unless their company uses numbers that go backwards.

The ticket number is 383174825 at 12:49

The notice to keeper is 383174824 at 12:50

Can you convert to PDFs please. Too small to read...

You have twenty one days to appeal to the IAS.

Your appeal will have to include signage - this alone should win as it is from when LPS were in the BPA.

And not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

But need to see the NTK and rejection letter to give a full appeal draft.